lunch/dinners while on a diet????

lauralou25

mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Hello ladies i am starting my diet on thursday and before i go food shopping tomorrow just wondered what everyone eles has for lunch/dinners while on a diet need some inspiration as this is the first time im going on a diet :)

For lunch I've been having one of the below;

Baked potato & cottage cheese.
Chicken breast & potato.
Pita bread & tuna.

For dinner I have just been having my normal home cooked meals but smaller portions. I have also been swapping pastry for yorkies, white rice for brown rice etc.

Hope that helps and good luck!

get a slimming world cookbook! some brilliant ideas in there! extra light philadelphia with spring onion and black pepper or with garlic and herbs (comes in these flavours in the tub) are brilliant! you can make into a sauce, on toast, on a baked potato... in mash!

Slimming World recipes are great. All really straightforward, filling and low fat. If I'm doing SW I usually have soups with loads of vegetables or baked potatoes for lunch

I have a can of soup and fruit

Have you tried www.myfitnesspal.com? A lot of women here use it as he helps you to know what sort of calories you should be consuming etc. It basically means you can eat what you want, although chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner is not recommended, lol. And it's tailored to fit your and your lifestyle from the information you give it. Plus, because it's like a combination of Facebook (NewsFeed) and BnB (Forums), you get a great support network and encouragement.

I try to eat soup, usually homemade but sometimes Heinz for lunch and chicken with veg and some form of carb and maybe a sauce for dinner.

This morning for breakfast I had a sausage sandwich, enjoyed lunch and dinner and was still under the daily limit for me.

Anyway, if you join (free by the way) feel free to add me, PrincessLou71186.

Good luck with your diet. x

I am on a soup making mission this week. Packed full of veggies so healthy, low fat and cheap as I stocked up at Aldi.

You cant follow Slimming World recipes without following the full plan, they wont work. Slimming World don't class themselves as a diet, they class it as healthy eating so you can eat lots of stuff but limit others like bread, butter, oil, dairy. You have to balance it out.

I love Slimming World, I am back on it now. Slimming World fills you up there isnt much thats not allowed to be fair, all meat is free as long as you cut off all visible fat, potatoes and all other veg is free as well as fruit and some yoghurts like muller light (not all varieties)

I've tried MyFitnessPal but calorie controlled diets don't work for me at all. I've tried all diets really.

I lost 25lb on Slimming World last year. I'm determind I am going to do it again and keep it off.

Although I haven't personally done SW I know alot who have and all have had amazing results. Also try swopping meats for quorn..a plate of quorn pieces, veg and gravy with abit of mint sauce is delicious :) x

I did SW last year & lost 20lbs x Starting again tomorrow x
For lunch I'll have ryvitas with light philly & cucumber, soup, pasta salad is a good one on slimming world x

Thanks girls i was thinking anout joining weigh watchers anyone been before???

I did it when it changed over to Pro Points. Some of it is confusing but its portion sizes that was the killer for me. I couldnt eat a 5 pence piece worth of pasta! It was just not enough.
Plus when you eat certain things they are like 1 point but if you eat more than 2 they jump to 3 points.
Jacket potato is like 8 points but if you boil it its different amount of points :wacko:
I lasted 2 weeks and then I went back to Slimming World.

I did it when it changed over to Pro Points. Some of it is confusing but its portion sizes that was the killer for me. I couldnt eat a 5 pence piece worth of pasta! It was just not enough.
Plus when you eat certain things they are like 1 point but if you eat more than 2 they jump to 3 points.
Jacket potato is like 8 points but if you boil it its different amount of points :wacko:

Whats the difference with slimming world? See im the same i get hungry and if u can only have small portions i know ille fail if i get hungry after eating and want to snack?

Whats the difference with slimming world? See im the same i get hungry and if u can only have small portions i know ille fail if i get hungry after eating and want to snack?

Slimming World is completely different. You can have as much meat as long as you cut the fat off, vegetables, eggs, fruit.

Its hard to explain. You can go to a group and get the consultant to explain it all to you better.
If you like eating then SW is probably better for you. You can eat so much the only things that are restricted is oil, dairy, and bread.

Thanks i think i might give sw a go as theres one 5 mins from my house :)

I usually eat eggs when I'm on a diet. I try not too overcook them, so that they are easy on my stomach. I try to eat a lot of liquid foods like soup. I don't starve myself though because then the binge eating starts.

It depends what you are dieting on? I just try and cut down on carbs as they make me gain weight. Also sweets, sugary things. So for me just cutting back on refined and starchy carbs or sugars.

Breakfast - a low fat yoghurt
Lunch - Tin of mackerel and fruit or something that is mostly protein.

Dinner is when i tend to eat my carbs, which is the wrong way around i know but i've never been a morning eater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->