Lunch meats ! are they that bad for an unborn baby

Blue_star

First Pregnancy
Reaction score
I'v read on the net that lunch meats can cause birth defects what!

I'v been going to the deli and getting turkey slices all the time. Also my mom didn't know this and she had eaten lunch meats during all her 5 pregnancies and we all turned out fine. My brother is studying to be a Doctor even.

But now i'm worried that my baby isn't going to be healthy because i'v been eating lunch meats! I try so hard to be healthy I no longer eat fast foods, I don't drink, I stay away from people who smoke. Now I find out I shouldn't be eating that also I read you can't eat mayo or ceaser dressing all these things me or my mom didn't even know. Jeez!!

Google Listeria. Everyone used to give me a hard time about it until a bunch of Canadians, around that time, died of listeria from Maple Leaf meats. I rarely eat them at all since then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Canada_listeriosis_outbreak

You can have mayo! Who said otherwise? You just need to make sure the egg is pasturized.

I would assume you can have mayo or caesar dressing from bottles bought at the store because they have to be processed to be shelf stable until opened. However, don't order caesar dressing from a fancy restaurant because they would likely make it with raw eggs etc.

Meats are okay if you have them heated thoroughly I think. But I don't know really, that's just what my pregnany lab-supervisor said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->