Lunchbox ideas?

bubblychick

Mum of G & M
Reaction score
DD has been asking to have a packed lunch for a while now, I was trying to put it off until after the Easter holidays but after speaking to her teacher who mentioned she only seems to eat cheese and ham sandwiches and pasta at lunch I've decided to try her on pack lunch.

I'm clueless what to put in it though. It's been years since I had packed lunch and obviously all the rules have changed on what they allow in lunch boxes now.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I send Earl with pack up twice a week. I usually send a Sandwich (ham, cheese, sandwich paste, jam etc), wrap or sausage roll, a packet of crisps/snacks like mini cheddars, skips or the like, a biscuit or small packet of cookies (animal biscuits etc), a carton of fruit juice or a fruit shoot, a tube yoghurt like frubes so no spoon,and a piece of fruit (apple, banana, some grapes or a box of raisins normally). I sometimes put in some cheese or mini sausages, or a slice of cold pizza instead of a sandwich.

The rules at our school are no fizzy/sugary drinks (has to be fruit juice, water or no-added-sugar type things), no 'fried' crisps, and no outright chocolate. You can send things with chocolate in (i,e, the animal biscuits or cookies I send) but not a full bar of dairy milk lol. No sweets either.

It's all common sense really and I used to get a bit funny about the rules etc but they're not massively strict and really, the majority of the time, as long as you're not sending unhealthy stuff constantly, the odd bit of cake or packet of prawn cocktail (which are Earl's favourites lol) are ok. He doesn't normally eat all of it....he usually leaves the yoghurt and fruit but I like to look like a good mummy! lol :blush:

My son likes to have sandwiches or wraps. He'll also have a salad of tomato/cucumber/olives/pepper. I usually them give him 4 pieces of fruit and 1 'treat' plus his drink.

Mine only have packed lunches once a fortnight, but when they do, they have :

a bottle of dilute juice
a sandwich (either ham or chicken)
a packet of quavers (or something similar)
a piece of cucumber or some cherry tomatoes (or both)
a piece of fruit (usually an apple)
and a flapjack, or cereal bar, or something like that

I usually make up a wrap, sandwich or a salad. She usually has that along with some fruit, a yogurt and some candy. I try to mix it up sometimes though. We like to cook stuff up together for her to have, although she doesn't have a packed lunch often anymore.

We've tried a lot of these recipes and she's always loved them
https://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_kids_lunch_recipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back