Lung Maturity Test - Anyone had one?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by gw76, Jun 6, 2011.

1. gw76

gw76 Mummy of 2-Hailey 09/06

I am 35 weeks today, I have a heart condition and have ended up in the hospital 4 different times (it races up to and over 200)...Yesterday, I had to have the medication to slow down my heart as it would not stop racing. So, saw my doc today. I have a growth scan tomorrow and then an appointment on Wednesday to have an appointment at the high risk unit and they are going to do a lung maturity test and if the baby's lungs are mature they are going to induce me...

Anyone, had this test done? if so, any advice - ideas - comments- thoughts - thanks

2. gw76

anyone?

3. gw76

Anyone?

4. Toria09

Toria09 Well-Known Member

Sorry hun didn't want to read and run, I've not had one before but I'm sure I've read somewhere that at 35 weeks baby can probably breath normally on it's own.

That said my friend went into early labour when she was 35 weeks and they gave her steroids to help mature the baby's lungs in case she delivered. Surely if they are worried about your heart they can give you a shot of steroids for baby and make you both safe??

I'm sure it will all be ok for you xx