Lurked for awhile, finally ready to post!

Crayz

Pregnant-3rd Trimenster
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've read the preemie threads even before my daughter was born as we knew she would be premature. I guess I'm a graduate of the PAL threads!

Here's my story, watered down a bit as like everyone's story, mine is long!

My daughter was diagnosed IUGR at around 28 weeks, but I was being monitored closely starting at 20 weeks because she was measuring small.

I went 3 times a week for NST's, Dopplers twice a week, and growth scans every two weeks. We were told she would be premature, we just weren't given a gestation.

At 34 weeks during a routine Doppler, we were told the flow from the placenta was restricted, and she would need to come out that day. She was born two hours later via c-section at 34 weeks to the day, weighing 3 lbs. 1 oz. and 15 inches long. That was on June 29th (so 3 months actual, 6 weeks adjusted).

I had steroid shots at 28 weeks and then again at around 32. She came out screaming her little lungs out and never needed oxygen!

Three days after she was born they found a congenital heart defect (VSD). This caused her to have a very high respiratory rate and have trouble feeding. She had an NG tube for the 4 out of 5 weeks she spent in the NICU. It took her that long to put on one pound.

She takes diuretics for her respiratory rate, which helps. They recently found a second heart defect (Pulmonary Stenosis). As of right now, we don't know of either of these defects will require surgery. Where I live there is no pediatric cardiologist, so her echo results are sent to another country and we are then given the results, which is confusing as it goes through 3 or 4 people before it gets to us (3 out of the 4 which are not cardiologists).

She also has wicked reflux that she takes Zantac for (Prilosec made her gag and vomit) and eats Similac Alimentum. The pediatrician said she should probabaly be on Elecare, but we can't get it here. She would power vomit about 5 times a day and scream everytime she ate. Now that she's eating the Alimentum she's been MUCH better.

I'm happy to say that she is now over 7 pounds and 20 inches long. It's been a long road so far, and we still have a ways to go, but I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world!

Hi Hun, sorry to hear LO having rough time but sounds like she is a tough cookie! I have a 34weeker too except mine was a chunk (5lb 2oz!) and like you wouldn't swap him for anything x these babies are so special :)

Congratulations on your little fighter. Sounds like you had a very stressful pregnancy.

Xx

Hi, welcome over, and congratulations on your little fighter :)

I have a 27 weeker who is now two and a half. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->