Lurker joining

Margerle

Reaction score
Well, I'd love to have a little brother or sister for LO that's quite close in age. DH is very vocal about not wanting anymore (which I respect) and we're not in a position right now to really try for one- need bigger home, etc.

He's 10 years older than me, and as this baby wasn't really planned, I think we're probably done. (Again, I respect that and see the logic in it).

Though the other night he was talking about babies, and mentioned - of his own device - that IF we were to have another one, he'd sure like a son.

I told him I wouldn't be opposed to trying for another. We talked about it a bit, but in the end he was non-committal.

I love all my children, and would die very happy if I didn't have any more... though I would love to have one. :)

In the end, I respect DH and his wishes. It really isn't fair for me to push that on him when he'd rather not. I just make sure I mention my desire when the topic arises :rofl:

So though we're technically not even really WTT, I'm going to lurk here ;)

:baby:

:hug:

:happydance: I hope your man will make his mind up on having another one ! xxx

Welcome! I'm sure your OH will come around to the idea. I was quite surprised with MrBums sudden enthusiasm and date of 2 years for another one as he was so outright opposed to the idea of any more...

Lots of guys seem to go through this "never again" phase, and then start talking like, "when we have the next one...", "what do you think of ... for a name?" LOL Just wait, you'll see lol

Hello! I hope your DH comes around and decides he would like another baby!

I hope he comes around as well. I know it's not the same, but my husband has slowly moved from noncommittal to trying in a year to moving the time up six months earlier. I hope you have the same luck!

Lots of guys seem to go through this "never again" phase, and then start talking like, "when we have the next one...", "what do you think of ... for a name?" LOL Just wait, you'll see lol

Totally agree! Hope you're not lurking for too long :D x

Me thinks DH is having subtle and subconcious yearnings for another...

He mentioned it again last night... in a bit of a tongue-in-cheek way, "How would you like to make another of those?" (When he knows perfectly well I'm open to more children anytime.

I just looked at Sharlotte and didn't say much.

"Don't tell me you want more!?"

"Then you'd better not ask if I want more!" ;)

"Oh, my..."

"Sharlotte needs a brother or sister in this life... You'RE not going to be here forever!" (In a joking way of course :rofl:)

(Him thinking...)

"Well when you put it like that!"

(More him thinking...)

"We'll do it in two years."

"Do you really wanna drag out having babies for the next 5 years?" (Two and a half for Sharlotte then 2 more or so for the next baby)

"Oh my..." (more him thinking)

Granted he had had a few beers... :rofl:

Then he asked again a couple hour LATER... this time much more seriously.

I said, "That is the deepest desire of my heart, but I'm not sure now is the right time."

"I'm not sure now ISN'T the right time." he said...

So, though I'm not taking this as a complete positive, it seems things might be moving forward!

:cloud9:

I can't believe I'm here still... still waiting...

I'm loving my 14 month old more and more every day, and get awful broody sometimes! I work in an office where it seems EVERYONE is pregnant and having babies.

Though I've gotten so sick of having the infant equipment hanging around... bouncers and swings and all the baby clothes!

I spent all weekend washing and folding baby clothes to be taken to a second hand shop for sale. I was crooning over the small baby clothes and my husband asked what I was doing with all the stuff.

When I told him, he got a goofy look on his face and said that maybe I should hold on to them just in case.
:cloud9:

I have a feeling Ms. Sharlotte is going to be our only baby, (at the rate we're going haha) but I sure thought it was sweet that he's kinda still thinking about it.

Anyway, thought I'd update. :)

:hugs:

Really great to see you here Margerie! I have wondered how you have been! I would say that he is leaning towards another!

Hello and welcome to one of the friendliest forums!

Hello! :wave: just wanted to say welcome to WTT :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->