Luteal Phase Defect and Progesterone levels

rai2

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.... I have a luteal phase defect (9days) which I confirmed through charting after my miscarriage in November (I was worried that this is why I miscarried as had my suspicions before I started ttc). Anyway, my GP is sending me for progesterone and other bloods (some on the wrong day...grrr... so will be asking for them again). Anyway, I wondered if with a LPD if my progesterone level will actually come back ok on the day when I have it done but my worry is if it drops too much soon after and this won't be picked up and my GP will just say everything is fine! Hope this makes sense and would appreciate any input!

x

This is a bit weird and might not help at all, but my luteal phase has been a bit short and this month I visualized really strongly in my head every night that I was like a car at a petrol station and that Progesterone was pumping into my tanks. I'm now on day 25 (O on day 14) and my temp is still high...gotta be worth a try, bonkers tho it is!
Sorry, can't help on the technical side. (OH is a hypnotherapist!)

Thanks....anything is worth a try!! I will be visiting the petrol station tonight to pump in that progesterone ;)

My understanding is that if you have a LPF, you are generally low on progesterone which is why your luteal phase gets shortened. Mine is borderline problematic and I've had a m/c and a chemical. My dr. did a progesterone test at 21 days (the standard) which I never got actual numbers on, but it seemed strange to me, since if I ovulate on cd18 (rather than the avg. 14) then the test is only 3 days after ovulation instead of a week, so surely it wouldn't be the expected numbers. Anyway, other than visualizing a progesterone filling station, you can take 50-100 mg of vit. B6 (in a balanced B complex) to help increase progesterone and lengthen your luteal phase. Do a search for it on this site, lots of women with LPD use to successfully.

Thanks for your reply! I'm the same as u in that I am having my progesterone tested on day 18 which is only 4 dpo! My gp is sending me then as 7 days before next period! Anyway, this is second month taking 50mg b complex and acupuncture and ovulation has moved forward a day so fingers crossed!! Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->