Luteal phase getting shorter and shorter

missaria

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I've been tracking my cycles for the past 14 months, and TTC for the past 11 months (minus a break I had to take after an ectopic).

My LP was always 14 days before my ectopic. Since the ectopic it has gone from 14 days for two cycles, down to 12 days last month, and just 10 days this month. I'm getting a bit worried as I don't want it to drop any lower than 10 days, and I don't like this downward trend. I've also had minor spotting before AF for the past three cycles, which I NEVER had before my ectopic. It used to be that whenever AF showed, she just came at full force.

Has anyone experienced this? Any tips to lengthen it?

Thanks in advance!

stalking - i have a similar problem right now, though its not just my LP getting shorter, its my entire cycle.
hoping someone has advice!

Interestingly for me, my cycle isn't getting much shorter. My O date has moved from CD15 to CD17. So last month, my cycle was still 29 days overall like it was when my LP was 14 days. If I wasn't charting and using OPKs, I probably wouldn't have even noticed this problem.

very odd...i O around CD 10/11 and my cycles were 35 days before my DD. last cycle was 23 days...and this 1 looks like it'll be 21..

Hi ladies!

I've been tracking my cycles for the past 14 months, and TTC for the past 11 months (minus a break I had to take after an ectopic).

My LP was always 14 days before my ectopic. Since the ectopic it has gone from 14 days for two cycles, down to 12 days last month, and just 10 days this month. I'm getting a bit worried as I don't want it to drop any lower than 10 days, and I don't like this downward trend. I've also had minor spotting before AF for the past three cycles, which I NEVER had before my ectopic. It used to be that whenever AF showed, she just came at full force.

Has anyone experienced this? Any tips to lengthen it?

Thanks in advance!

I had a short luteal phase before my ectopic that I lengthened by taking vitex and progesterone cream. Got a bfp but unfortunately it was ectopic:nope: After the ectopic my cycles were all messed up again and I took the same approach and got my current bfp:thumbup:

Everything you are saying about your cycle screams low progesterone. Spotting before AF and a luteal phase that is getting shorter and shorter. My RE confirmed my low progesterone with these signs so I would look into supplementation either through a cream on your own or through a doctor as low progesterone is a big factor in early losses (I had 3 from this) to head it off.

Good luck!

Thank you pandi! Congratulations on your BFP! I'll look into the progesterone cream for sure. I've also been reading about B6 supplements. I thought my pre-natal vitamin covered this, but I checked it and it turns out it actually only has a tiny amount in it, so I'm going to take a separate B6 supplement to see if that helps.

Hi missaria,
MC can definitely mess with your hormones, your body may take awhile to get back to normal.
B50 should help, you can also try CoQ10 and FertileAid.
CoQ10 will help the follicle development each month, after ovulation the corpus luteum is what produces progesterone so this might help your luteal phase.
FertileAid replaces your multivitamin and also has some herbs for fertility including some Vitex which can help regulate your cycle.

Make sure to take a vitamin b complex. Taking b6 by itself long term can cause nerve problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->