Luteal Phase & Ovulation Help !!!!!

newlyweds2013

Recovering from a loss
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am racking my brain looking for answers ! I know sometimes it is best not to stress yourself while ttc, but I always find myself doing it.

Here is my current issue !! Please read !!!
We are ttc #1. My last couple cycles since I got off bcp have been around 32 days, my last one being July 2. According to this, I should be due for my AF around Aug.2... BUT, today is July.25 and I am just now getting a positive opk !!!!! I wasn't using opk's or temping the last couple cycles, so I really do not know when I o'ed then.
Does this mean my luteal phase is guarenteed to be only 7-8 days ? Or is it impossible to tell how long it will be until I have confirmation from AF ?
I am hoping I still have a chance for this month ?!?!?

Please share some insight !!!!!!!!
Thanks so much, and baby dust to all !!! :)

The day of ovulation can move around, but your luteal phase is typically the same length each month. If you're just off birth control and don't know how long your luteal phase is, I would assume your AF will show approximately 14 days after ovulation. A late ovulation means AF will start later, it does NOT mean your LP will be shorter in order to start "on time."

The first (few) cycles after birth control can be a bit whacky, but in general your LP will stay the same and your ovulation date will be the one to change.

The answer to your question is only time :hugs: Once you see if AF starts this time, you'll know the length of your LP and whether it is actually 7-8 days (too short, but a doc could help) or you just had a late O this time, which is perfectly normal occasionally, usually due to stress! Of course, this might be moot since your BFP may be coming up instead!

Good luck! :hugs:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond ! That makes perfect sense :)
I appreciate it !!!

It could just be later ovulation... i too came off BCP. first cycle was 28days, ovulation CD16, cycle2 was 34days! ovulation was CD21 which therefore AF was 13days later. My LP is/hd been 12 and 13days so far. Onto cycle 3 now so il see what its like this time!

good luck & i wouldnt worry, count 14days from ovulation as generally most are 1days LP and you should be due on then xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->