Luteal phase spotting several days?

Carlinator

Cautiously expecting #2
Reaction score
Updated a few posts down~

Well, the title says it all really. Last night (should have been about 2 dpo according to opk + temps) me and hubby BD'd and there was enough bright red "spotting" to make us stop. It's very light and now dark brown this morning. Needless to say, nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

I know it could just be blood vessels in my cervix rupturing, it's just strange. I guess I'm just hoping to hear others experiences with similar spotting, and to hear that it was normal! Because right now all the worst possibilities are flying through my mind - progesterone deficiency, maybe my fibroids got huge, lol - it's driving me bonkers!

If it turns out to be AF I think I should go to the dr because I would have only had a 16 day cycle. But hoping that's not the case. Anyone else had this craziness?

Thanks for the input. Yeah, after reading a little online it seems likely to be ovulation spotting as you say, it just really threw me off guard because it hasn't happened to me before! I sure hope it was just a nice big egg!

I ovulated once this yr on cd4..another time when I was supposed to o, I got my period. This yr was the very first time either had happened. Through me for loop, I called my doctor. Said if either happen again call and ill go in, but one time is ok. Our bodys can we weird once in blue moons..lol..thanks doc

That's true...our bodies can be pretty strange sometimes. I'm thinking my cervix must be inflamed this month for some reason, I had more light spotting after BD 4 dpo and 9 dpo (but not when we BD at 3 dpo?). I think I'm going to make an appt at the doc just to check things out because I haven't had mid cycle spotting since I went off BC :-/ thank you for your replies.

I think I was off on a couple of the specific days, but looking at Fertility Friend and I had spotting at 1-2 dpo, 5, 9, and 11 dpo (today is 11dpo) and all the times I started/noticed spotting was after BD...except this morning, but thinking it could be pre-AF spotting. AF due friday, last month had a 13-day luteal phase (first month charting). Bfn today.

But I also had a temp drop this morning, almost to cover line...but if I start AF tomorrow then i would only have an 11-day luteal phase this cycle, I thought it wasn't normal for it to change by more than a day?

Anyone have any clue what may be going on? I know only a dr can tell me for sure but was hoping someone may have had a similar experience and some insight. Really confused and frustrated right now.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->