Luteal phase?

MrsArcher

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
I've been researching and I keep coming up with different answers.
But, does your luteal phase generally stay the same from cycle to cycle?

I have irregular cycles but according to my stats on fertility friend, my longest luteal phase has been 14 days. My shortest has been 13, and the average is 14. Today I am on 15 DPO. No sign of AF (other than cramps). My temperature dip hasn't happened yet either (it's USUALLY the day before AF shows).

So, I was just wondering, does your luteal phase stay generally the same month to month?

That is the general rule of thumb but it is possible for it to change due to outside factors. How long have you been charting? Mine was very short...too short to maintain a pregnancy so I took supplements that lengthened it by 5-6 days over the course of a few months. Have you been taking any supplements or doing anything different this cycle? If not you could be pregnant of course but I assume you have tested since your 15 dpo right? It could just be your luteal phase is a day longer too...it happens sometimes.

That is the general rule of thumb but it is possible for it to change due to outside factors. How long have you been charting? Mine was very short...too short to maintain a pregnancy so I took supplements that lengthened it by 5-6 days over the course of a few months. Have you been taking any supplements or doing anything different this cycle? If not you could be pregnant of course but I assume you have tested since your 15 dpo right? It could just be your luteal phase is a day longer too...it happens sometimes.

This will be my 6th cycle charting.
I haven't done anything differently this cycle than usual. I've been taking folic acid and zinc, but that's been for 3 cycles now.
I am planning to test tomorrow since AF was due today. I wanted to wait until I was officially late. I tested on 11DPO and got a BFN, and wanted to wait as long as I could. It would figure my body would just be messing with me, but I was just wondering since my average for the past 5 cycles has been 14 days (no longer).

This will be my 6th cycle charting.
I haven't done anything differently this cycle than usual. I've been taking folic acid and zinc, but that's been for 3 cycles now.
I am planning to test tomorrow since AF was due today. I wanted to wait until I was officially late. I tested on 11DPO and got a BFN, and wanted to wait as long as I could. It would figure my body would just be messing with me, but I was just wondering since my average for the past 5 cycles has been 14 days (no longer).

Oh that's exciting then! high temps and no af are great signs! Can't wait to get an update when you take a test! Do your bbt's usually drop the day before af? Mine usually do and this pregnancy cycle when they didn't it was a huge sign for me. Baby dust to you chica!

Mine aren't the same every month. I'm usually 12 days but it's been 11 and 13. I have heard it's normal to vary by a day or two. But I do hope this is good news for you! Gl! Update when you test!!

Tested today and got 3 BFP's!!!!!!!!!! c:
Thanks for all your support! I couldn't be happier.

LP should generally be the same ..... +/- a day ..... I'm usually 11 I once once 8 and once 12/13 .. ..I'm using bcomplex n prenatals this cycle and baby aspirin to aid implantation. I figure ill try vitex and b6 additionally next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->