M/C testing

Maidenet

Reaction score
Anyone else had the tests after reoccurant M/C's??? And if so.... did anyone else have result that all came back normal?

I have had 4 M/C's in the past, and I am trying again at the minute.

All tests apart from a few cysts came back normal.

I still don't understand! How can things be ok if it keeps happening!!!!

xx

I'm so sorry for ur losses, I have had all the testing done stil waiting on a few tests like mthfr and other things to come back but so far all the hormones, chromosomes, clotting disorders are normal. I have an ultrasound to check for abnormalities in my uterus and ovaries.
My FS said up to 40% of the time there is no reason. Have you asked about baby aspirin? some women on here have had success after many mc that were unexplained.
I know it's so hard to find a reason why, it would be so much easier if there was a reason but sometimes there isn't.
You said some cysts came back abnormal??? could that have something to do with it?

They said I had a few cysts on my scan.... and it was PCOS BUT..... the bloods they ran with it, all came back fine! So I don't get it. And as far as I was aware PCOS stopped you falling pregnant so easily.

Baby aspirin.... I have heard this mentioned a lot and im going to look into it huni x

Good luck with your tests xxx

Do you take Metformin for PCOS?

I do, but once I got pg my FS told me to stop. But now, after my mc, I've been doing a lot of research on it and apparently taking metformin up to 20 weeks can help prevent MC in women with PCOS. It might be something worth looking into? I will definitely be asking my doc about it.

I'm a little confused about whether or not I have PCOS too. While that is what I was diagnosed with, since my mc my bloods/hormone levels are perfect and I had two different drs in the hospital comment on how "perfect" my ovaries looked while they were doing an ultrasound. Yet just a few months ago I had an ultra sound and the right side was covered in cysts. I really don't get it....

I dont take anything for it huni :/ No one has ever mentioned it! x Bloody Dr's are useless :(

I've has two miscarriages now and Im waiting to be tested at the recurrent miscarriage clinic next month. I suspect low progesterone but im dreading the tests coming back normal as it would be easier to find the cause so it could be treated. My GP told me to take a low dose aspirin a day after my first M/C it does no harm but can work wonders. I got to 10 weeks this time so thought things were going well and that the aspirin must have been the solution but them the spotting and bleeding started all signs that my progesterone was low as I had 4 scans all showing a good heartbeat and perfect growth, Im convinced it was a viable pregnancy. They wouldnt test my progesterone or give supplements so now Im hoping for answers. I have been referred after 2 as I also have a uterus abnormality...a double uterus. Good luck to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->