M new year gift

Princess mama

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Well..... this was unexpected.
after loosing some mucus plug christmas day and having mild twinges boxing day...........
Went to hospital 9am new years eve for my final growth scan and to find the results from my gtt. Test resulys were fine, a little towards the top end of normal but fine. this was due to having a little more fluid around baby. the scan showed on dates that this time i was 40 weeks 4 days which was new lol. MW decided to do a membrane sweep just to see if she could start things going. Thinking it wouldnt mount to much we left with a date to be induced mon 4th jan.

after enduring cramps on and off throughout the rest of the day i thought this was either the slow start of things or just the aftermath of tickling babies head as she called it.

6pm arrived and these cramps were becoming to get meaningful. so i started paying attention. they were ranging from 21sec long to 18 to 34. with intervals of 3 min to 9 min.

i rang labour suite and explainned and was told to just hang in there and do the old bath and paracetamol technique.

within half an hour of the call, the pains felt like they never rested, were present all the time and i was doubled over, couldnt sit, stand nor walk. on going to the loo i had my show
OH said enough was enough and packed the bags in to the car and we were at hospital for 11.30pm new years eve.

i was checked over and found to be 5cms. half way there already so was taken straight into delivery room.

My MW was lovely. i managed to get through on rolling on birthing ball and walking round and heavy breathing, using mind over matter. it was bearable.

it increased slightly so used my tens and went onto all fours and leaned over back of bed and continued as above. the tens really didnt help much and id either end up forgetting to tap again afrer boost and bedding would catch buttons tturning voltage giving me an unexpected shock.

it stepped up a level where it was beggining to make me groan so had gas and air, again didnt really have much effect. by the time it was 2,30am i was 7cms, used all my pain relief options i gave myself , no waters breaking and pain gradually becoming uncopable. so i gave in and asked for a small shot of pethadine.

baby monitoring was fine throughout. i was getting the feeling to bear down with each contraction and was frustrated my waters hadnt yet gone. after nodding off now and then laying on my side making the contractions more painful and talking random nonsense to my MW and OH about apparently boob jobs, needing dog blankets etc she eventually burst my waters which went with a huge gush.

things soon started quickly progressing, i dont remember exact time but was told to start pushing. i started sat on a birthing stool, slightly awkward and uncomfy and had my bladders emptied twice by pipe, very odd feeling.
45 min had passed still pushing no sign of babies head and baby was getting stressed for first time making his heart rate drop. that was it. in burst 2 more MW's and a doctor and all medical equipment pulled out.

the next 15 min happened very quickly. in that time frame i was cut, had ventousse to help him out and he was born onto my stomach...

the contractions i felt hurt more than pushing and passing baby out. so at 7.55am new years day, 1st day of 2010 my baby arrived safely, at 53cm long and 7.13lbs , he didnt cry straight away instead just yawned and made a little squeak and was opening his eyes.

on delivery of my placenta i had a sudden gush 500ml of blood loss and was attached instantly to a drip. at which was a struggle to fit as i felt wetness pour and drip of my hand before a second attempt and mop and bucket brought in to clear the blood loss.

he is perfect. i had stitches, which mw commented on passing nice neat work doctor... what i thought, is that really needed lol,

stayed in overnight was out day after.

it was what i had prepared myself for the birth, hurt as expcted and didnt shock me.

he was very mucussy blowing bubbles and quite sicky. His breastfeeding has got so much better and after string boughts of sickness has decreased and his stolls have now changed to the nice brown colour and consistency. He's quite vocal at night and clingy sleeping only if cradled but its getting better. Twice i had just noticed two little brown specks, very tiny in the niddle of all his sickiness, not entirley sure what that was but only happened twice, not sure if its part of his stuff clearing out, if thats normal, told MW and she said something about it being connected with the trauma of my body passing through feed and comming through, not sure if anyone else had this with their baby.

such a fab start to 2010

baby ollie jay c.....
:baby:

Huge congratulations and what a great birth story. :thumbup:

Congrats - Born the same day as my daughter but 1 year later! What a great day to be born - my oh & I always say the whole world celebrates her birthday! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->