m/s meds aren't working anymore

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Iamblessed, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

just wondering if there more natural remedies for m/s that I am not trying. I have tried the crackers and preggie pops and peppermints and all kinds of things and now my m/s meds aren't working anymore? Am I just doomed with m/s and no solutions?

2. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

this was a typo error!

3. debb

debb Well-Known Member

Have you tried travel bands? They don't seem to work for everyone, and they aren't exactly a 'cure', but they've taken the edge off for me (I'm having to wear them all the time though, even in bed at night!).

4. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

I need to try something because this is getting horrible...everytime i eat I feel sick if I don't eat I get sick and I am at a loss here as to what may work!! I may try them again . I think they help some

5. debb

debb Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for you x

6. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

tyvm i am just praying something will work. This gets to be rough when you have other kids!!

7. minkie

minkie Pregnant with #4

have you tried zofran?

8. jenp86

jenp86 :)

Before I started taking meds I was using dried sugared ginger, you can get it at any herbal store or even ginger tea. It was the best thing that worked before meds

9. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

My dh doesn't agree with zofran from things he read although I know its the godsend of meds!! I have taken reglan and now promethazine ...I am losing hope that I will feel better:(

10. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

you ladies are awesome and the best in replies...I am willing to try anything at this point as I said I am losing hope that I will feel better

11. jenp86

Oh man if you were Canadian I'd say go on Diclectin right now, it's the only thing that has saved me and has been around for 25+ years. If you wanna go natural, maybe you should try going to an herbal store and asking what they refer for morning sickness?

12. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

I heard that the diclectin is awesome but your right we don't have it here I think. I appreciate your input. Have seen your posts and you seem to be a pretty positive person:) ty

13. jenp86

Aww thanks love! I try to be :) life is a bit easier when you can see the positives in things. Here's a positive note for you lol I read a study online that said the more morning sickness a mother has the less chance of miscarriage and complications there are. YAY! You're gonna have a very healthy little bean! :hugs:

14. MagicalLeigh

MagicalLeigh Shanda - ttc #4

Isn't that basically unisom and b6? I take those and they really help. K now I'm scared..what does you dh think of zofran?? I take that and I thought it was safe for pregnancy.

15. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

I feel like I am but with the meds I have taken I kind of worry. I took reglan but was taking basically one a day and I could have up to 3 a day but didn't want to do that to my little bean and I went to the ER for dehydration and had a IV drip for 3 hours so I am thinking the effects from the meds are far less then not being able to eat or drink. Ughhh the joys of m/s!!

16. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

Leigh- He reads into things sometimes ...he is not a doc and not a pharmacist and I actually asked the pharmacist about it and she says its probably the safest things next to reglan but reglan has bad effects if taken too long and I am now on promethazine and its a class c but is used in pregnancy . I am really debating not taking anything anymore and just dealing with the dry heaves and throwing up. I am so lost right now and my feelings are so mixed. I really think zofran is a wonderful thing. Don't worry Leigh :)

17. jenp86

The active ingredients in Diclectin are doxylamine succinate and vitamin B6

18. minkie

minkie Pregnant with #4

Zofran is completely safe durring pregnany. I've had it with my last two pregnanies. my OB whom I trust very much prescribed it and I was given a very high dose of it once in the ER last pregnancy when I had some kind of food poisoning. :)

19. MagicalLeigh

MagicalLeigh Shanda - ttc #4

Well I worry about everything I take while pregnant, even Tylenol! But like you I have other kids at home and I cannot function with this ms. Uhg it sucks!! How old are your kids? Mine are almost 9, 9, and 5. (my first two are 11 months apart). I'm kinda hoping this one is a set of twins lol, I've been the sickest with this pregnancy!

20. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

I have kids that are 21,15,13,12,10,8,3,2!! the only 2 home during the day are the 3,2 yos but that is still rough!!