Macaroni Cheese, good recipe for a crap cook:(

Lil-woowoo

Mummy
Reaction score
Lol i am totally hopeless at cooking, but my DS loves macaroni and just wondered if any1 had good recipes x x

I suppose the one I use most when trying to get kids to munch is Pasta and cheese bake with Veg!

Cook the pasta till soft
Steam Veg such as Broccoli, Green beans,
Make the cheese sauce (either from packet or scratch depending on time and preference, cheese sauce at bottom of post)
Ham or Bacon (If vege don't put it in OBV!)

Put the cooked pasta mixed with the veg into a Pyrex dish, pour the sauce over the top and top with ALOT of cheese! Oven bake at 200C Gas Mark 6 till crispy on top (nom nom nom)

Cheese sauce from scratch : 750ml/1pint 7fl oz milk
50g/2oz unsalted butter
50g/2oz plain flour
175g/6oz strong cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the milk to hot but not quite boiling, leave on lowest heat or take off heat if starting to boil. Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour & mix together. Slowly add the milk and use whisk to remove lumps. Add the cheese and keep stiring with whisk to make sure no lumps are in the sauce!

Hope this helps!

Put the bacon or Ham (cook the bacon first!!) in the dish with the pasta and veg btw lol...just re-read what I put and realised I hadn't mentioned putting it in the dish with everything else lol. Season to your own tastes but I can guarentee that my lil bro who REFUSES to eat cheese, ate this one and loves it.

Enjoy!

ok haha my partners mums recipe but its lovely

cook pasta till cooked, add half a tin of tomato soup and some cheese bung it all together and done, sooo simple i can do it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->