Made a rod for my own back

sproutly2003

Reaction score
As I'm at home alone with LO most days, occasionally when I need to go do something I'll put baby tv on, well I think my LO may be hooked! He's only 12 weeks old.

I really wouldnt worry hun, the way i see it, out children are going to grow up in a world of technology so we cant stop them from watching tv looking at ipads etc. you can just limit tv time when they are older :) anything to give us 5 mins for a wee is fine in my book!

It just gives me 5 mins. I hold my baby ALOT dues to him having a flat spot and I want to limit the time on the back of his head. But I feel terribly guilty when I put him in his blow up ring, even just for 10 minutes

Don't feel guilty. TV is fine in short spells and you haven't made a rod for your back :hugs:

The worst saying in the history of parenting is 'making a rod for your own back'

It's bullshit.

You do what you can to get through, and a bit of baby tv will not do any damage what so ever!!

I really wouldnt worry hun, the way i see it, out children are going to grow up in a world of technology so we cant stop them from watching tv looking at ipads etc. you can just limit tv time when they are older :) anything to give us 5 mins for a wee is fine in my book!

Totally agree with this!

X

I wish my son would watch a little tv from time to time and just chill! Lol hes never been interested since he was little, still isnt.

My daughter was "hooked" on TV back when she was immobile and couldn't really do much else except stare at something. Now that she is mobile, it might hold her attention for 5 minutes (usually if there's a song or music), and then she's off trying to find more things to get into.

I wouldn't worry at that age. :flower:

The worst saying in the history of parenting is 'making a rod for your own back'

It's bullshit.

You do what you can to get through, and a bit of baby tv will not do any damage what so ever!!

Agree! I wish my lo would watch tv. Sadly as soon as i put the tv on she is climbing up the glass stand trying to pull it over so its safer to be off!

My daughter was "hooked" on TV back when she was immobile and couldn't really do much else except stare at something. Now that she is mobile, it might hold her attention for 5 minutes (usually if there's a song or music), and then she's off trying to find more things to get into.

I wouldn't worry at that age. :flower:

This! My LO was the exact same and I did worry. Sometimes during fussy periods it seemed like the tv was the only thing that would soothe her...now she's mobile she only likes the theme tunes and spends the rest of her time closing her fingers in drawers and climbing on things she shouldn't :dohh:

I don't really see it as an issue. My 2 month old LB loves watching the news with me in the morning. It's the only thing he likes watching!

It's bullshit.

Agree! I wish my lo would watch tv. Sadly as soon as i put the tv on she is climbing up the glass stand trying to pull it over so its safer to be off!

Exactly what my lo does!! I constantly have to move the remotes my 5 year old keeps leaving in front of the tele as that's what he's after:) he's never been interested in tele unless its the animal segment of You've Been Framed when he's transfixed (adores animals) xx op I really wouldn't worry you haven't made a rod for your own back we have so much to do its great you get 10 mins! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->