Magnesium Sulphate Paste

KarFar

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if any of you ladies have used this during pregnancy? I have an abscess under my arm (gross I know) and have been advised by the pharmacist to use this to clear it up, and that it was ok to use. I have googled it and in all the articles about it there is no mention it is harmful to pregnancies, anyone any experiences?

I used it during this pregnancy and all was well. I was told it is fine during pregnancy; it doesn't absorb or anything.

Hopping over from WTT to give you some advice, hope you don't mind! I'm a nurse. Magnesium sulphate paste is perfectly safe to use in pregnancy, no issues there. It'll come in a little plastic tub, the paste is white and very thick. You'll find it helpful to let the tub sit in a bowl with an inch of boiling water, it just softens it enough to make it easier to apply. The heat in it will also be good to (TMI) draw what is inside the absess out. Having a dressing to go over the top is a must too, so that it keeps the paste in the right spot, so the paste doesn't go on your clothes and again TMI, if the paste does what it is meant to, you'll have some stuff coming out the asbcess too. Hope this is helpful and I'm not out of line posting this. Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy x

Thank you both for ur posts, feeling a lot more reassured now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->