Maiden Name as middlename

Babybug

Reaction score
I havent really thought much about this its just occured to me, wonder what people think.

If I were to use my maiden name as a middle name for bubs. Its not a pretty name mind. My dad was only boy and my brother his only boy he is gay and never going to have kids ( I know gay people do but he deffo wont). So name wont continue.

She would be Olivia Appleton N...

Go for it! Appleton is a perfectly nice surname and isnt particularly masculine or feminine so works well with either sex. I'd of probably done the same, had my maiden name not been an old man's name.

it seems fine to me and if it has meaning then why not

on a side note though:- my son announce the other day that he wants to name his sibling or future child Apple... we panicked for a moment with thoughts of Chris martin and Gweneth Paltrow lol

My friend is giving her son her maiden name as his middle name. Her husband is Filipino and she said that is a common Filipino tradition. I bet some other cultures may have that same practice, too. I think it's a nice way to honor your dad - bet he will be pleased!

I actually think Olivia Appleton sounds really cute together! :thumbup:

If it sounded "weird" I would say, no... but since it sounds really nice - I say go for it!!

I think it sounds cute!

My OH has his mom's maiden name as his middle name, and one thing to note is that people sometimes want to hyphenate it, or just use the middle name as his last name. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. If this doesn't bug you though, then go for it. He has mentioned a couple time that he wishes he had a regular middle name and has considered changing it (though I doubt he ever will), but that may be because of his particular middle name.

That is the name of a city close to my hometown, so it doesn't sound odd to me at all! :)

I like it. My DH had suggested using my maiden name as our daughter's mn (she was born 2 days ago, and we still can't agree on the middle name). But my maiden name was Haley. It's so common as a first name that's days (plus is the name of his best friend's wife), that it just wouldn't have the same meaning for me.

A friend of mine has done this.

Name, middle name, maiden surname, surname.

Quite long I suppose.

I know a few girls who have their mother's maiden name as their middle name. I think it's a lovely way to mark the female line of the family if the child will take the dad's/family surname.

I like the idea of this and considered doing it with DD but we already really liked Nancy Alice and wanted to stick to one middle name so decided against it in the end.

I love it, I'll be doing the same and my maiden name is a lot less name-y sounding

We are planning to do this if we have a boy. Olivia Appleton sounds lovely x

If I have a boy my maiden name will be its middle name, we've done this because there is no one to carry on the family name and I know how much it means to my dad to have it carried on.

Unfortunately my sister is not having anymore and the one she does have she gave him his fathers surname, my brothers who are both in their mid 40's are still showing no signs of settling down anytime soon and my dads only brother passed away many years ago having not had any children.

My maiden name is Ward so it goes with most things :thumbup:

I think both the thought/sentiment and the sound of it are lovely. I would go with it for sure if it was me :)

I think its a gorgeous name. My aunt did this with her twin boys, they have her maiden name as a middle name.

My BIL has a maiden name for his middle name.

Love it.

My lil bro has my Nan's maiden name as a middle name: Russell.

xx

I think it works :) I've never thought of doing that, it's such a nice idea. I'm not married but my surname is Harrison so will have to keep that in mind for future babies ;) Unfortunately it's not suitable for girls though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->