Maisie Leigh Hewitt - 28/04/09 - My beautiful little princess.Very Long!.

L

Laura--x

Finally. On the 28th April 2009, 14.22pm on tuesday my gorgeous princess was placed in my arms and she was the most beautiful little person i had ever seen. After 2 weeks of slow labor, false alarms and fake contractions it all began and there was no doubt this was the real thing!

Sunday night i had the usual niggles, mild period cramps and backache. Thought nothing of it, i had been having pains for 2 weeks now anyway and nothing had happened, i didn't think this time would be any different! The cramps continued through the night and into the next day. Monday was my grandads funeral and i was stood there in the church oo-ing and arr-ing through these pains trying not to be too loud :lol:. I got home at 6:30pm after a long, hard day saying the final goodbyes to my grandad, and the pains kept coming. I decided to go for a bath to see if that would calm things down, it did for a while but they soon started up again, then i noticed i was loosing a little blood. I phoned the hospital at 22.30pm and explained to them i was having pains every 5 minutes that were lasting 30-50 seconds, they told me to take some paracetemol and have a bath and go up when the pain became unbearable or my waters broke.

Me Matt and my mum all decided to try and get some sleep because we knew sometime soon we'd be down the hospital! Of course i didnt manage to sleep and was on here talking to some of you whilst oohing through the contractions :rofl: when at 2.30am it all became a bit too much and decided to head to the hospital.

I was seen straight away and was put on the monitors which showed contracions to be coming every 4 minutes lasting 40-60 seconds. Baby seemed really sleepy which they were concerned about but said they would see how it goes in the next hour. They checked me over and i was only 2cm dilated so i was expecting to be sent back home, but because i had been loosing blood which was liquid and not mucussy, and because baby seemed sleepy they wanted to keep me in.

At about 5.30am, after having numerous doctors and consultant and midwives coming in assesing the monitor of the babys heartbeat, it was clear they wasn't happy and decided it was best to get things going sooner rather than later, so they decided to brake my waters. OUCH! She was at it for about 10 minutes she said they were really intact, but then finally i felt a massive gush and out they came! Pretty much straight away the contractions started coming alot stronger and more frequent. At about 8am i had had enough and needed something to take away the pain. In they came with the gas and air and with the next contraction i was away with the fairies :rofl:. I hated the stuff, i hated not feeling incontrol and so spaced out, so i soon threw that out :rofl:. I was begging for something else, but because i was only 2cm still they didnt give me nothing.

An hour or two later they checked me again and i had gone to 3-4cm, i was so disspointed! I was so hoping they would tell me i was 7/8cm and nearly there, but no such luck! I really couldn't cope with the pain at this point, i had tried so many different positions but nothing seemed to really help. I finally got my wish and was given morphine, although when she told me it takes 20 minutes to start working i replied with ' are you effing kidding me you silly cow i said i needed something now!' :rofl: :blush:.

The morphine did nothing for me either, the pain was still unbearable so i asked for an epidural. I knew i really didnt want one but i just couldn't cope with the pain any longer, but they wouldn't give me that either because i wasn't dilated enough yet. The next part was a bit of a blurr i can't really rember what happened, all i can remeber is soon after that i started pushing with the contractions, my mum noticed and mentioned it to the midwife who then watched me through the next few and told me i needed to stop because it wasn't time. But it was just uncontrolable, i seemed to automatically push everytime a contraction came, without thinking. After about 2 hours of being told i really must not push, that im not ready and i need to start moving around/chaing positions, they finally checked me and indeed i was 10cm and ready to push! ( why do they not listen to you in the first place?!)

I started pushing laying on my back on the bed, but found it hard to get her head down. I tried on all fours but found that hard either, i kept feeling the need to sit down with the pain which would make it worse but i didn't have the energy to keep myself up. After loads of different position changes and whatever else she brought out a birthing stool which was alot better! I found it alot easier because it was just like sitting on the toilet so i found it easier to push through my bum that way. Matt was sat behind me holding me with my mum and the two midwives laying across the floor :rofl:!

After nearly 3 hours of pushing, My beautiful baby girl Maisie Leigh was born at 14:22pm placed straight into mine and matts arms, we both immediately burst into tears. Our girl was finally here, this was it and she was the most beautiful person i had ever seen. She didn't cry once she just seemed so amazed by everything she kept staring at me :cloud9: She weighed 7lb 4oz.

She is the most amazing thing i've ever set eyes on and each day that goes by i just love her more and more :cloud9:. She is such a good girl, shes so quiet and content, the first time she cried was when she was over 24 hours old, just before we came home when the midwife bathed her! All she wants to do is sleep :rofl:, we have to wake her for her feeds and as soon as thats over shes fast asleep again lol!

Heres the pictures you've all been waiting for.. My beautiful little girl.

P4280004.jpg

P4280007.jpg

P4280019.jpg

P4290023.jpg

P4290027.jpg

She is adorable, congratulations x

she is so gorgeous! Congratulations, hunni!! :wohoo: well done :D :hugs:

aaw hun that story had me in tears!! she's so gorgeous xx

awwww Laura shes absolutely beautiful!:cloud9:

Great birth story too hun, sounds like you coped quite well!

I know what you mean about loving them more and more each day, its an amazing feeling isnt it.:hugs:

aww congratulations laura she really is beautiful xxxxxx:hug::hug: and she has a very special guardian angel xxxxxx

Congratulations hunni, she is beautiful, well done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->