make it stop!!!

ashleypauline

K&A's Mommy
Reaction score
for the past week i have been in what they are saying is prodromal labor. i had my cervical length checked last night, i was still long so they called it a stable cervix. but i am dilated a little over a fingertip and my dr is calling me 50% effaced. but now my contractions are bringing on nausea. anyone else experiencing this?:wacko:

Im dilated one and 60% effaced. At night is the only time I notice the nausea. I tho ive been having contractions since 19 weeks. And they are getting more intense. Was in l&d lastnight contracting every 3-4 minutes. Was sent home as the contractions werent doing anything to my cervix.

I myself am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Haven't had any nausea though. Jus contractions throughout the day. I've been having some light spotting also in which my doctor said if I see its because my cervix could be dilating and or thinning out more.

I have had this really bad this pregnancy. I am 39+2 and have been in prodromal labor for about 3 weeks or so. Mine go on for days. My first run, I have them every 5 mins for about 4 days. Then we tried a morphine sleep and a membrane sweep. That was a week and a half ago and I'm on day 5 or 6 of non stop contractions. Most of them being 3-5 mins. I can't get past 1cm and am now 70% effaced. I have tried EVERYTHING to progress. As far as I can tell, there's nothing to do until your body is ready to go in to labor. I think I am gonna try RLT tomorrow. I know it really really sucks. With sleeping being the hardest. I'm sorry :(

Oh I forgot! Nausea is completely normal. So is diarrhea, which was so bad I had rectal bleeding :/ all normal with prodromal labor

this sucks soo bad! this morning i woke up with lower back pain, nausea and contractions 5 minutes apart. i want to die!!! i've been contracting since 22/23 weeks and they have gotten more intense also jzgrace!

I'm sorry :( I know it's so frustrating! I'm in the same exact boat. As you get closer to due date they just get stronger, and doctors won't do ANYTHING about it until the normal time of 40-41 weeks it seems. Just gotta try and not focus on it

this sucks soo bad! this morning i woke up with lower back pain, nausea and contractions 5 minutes apart. i want to die!!! i've been contracting since 22/23 weeks and they have gotten more intense also jzgrace!

Just make sure you keep timing them if they stay 5 min aprt for an hour get to hospital right away. So they can give you meds to stop them if they continue to progress. I hope they stop for you very soon!!

they are getting crampy now. and burning, if that makes any sense. ughh

Makes perfect sense. Are they still 5 minutes apart?

yeah they are still about 5 minutes...im waiting for them to get worse before calling because i hate going for nothing

Oh man. Its so early for you. I would get in there so it doesnt turn into full blown labor. have you been able to talk to a mw or doctor? They might want you to come in and get checked out just in case they need to be stopped with meds.

they already have me on procardia which doesnt work for me. and my cervix was in between 3.4-3.9 the other day at the hospital when they checked so if i call they will just tell me it probably hasnt changed and to call back if they hurt more

Oh wow. Do they just tell you to drink a ton of water? My doc told me to eat every 5 hours to keep contractions at a minimum. And the water..... I really hope your contractions slow down. Are you on bed rest?

im on light activity, was taken out of work. they've tried fluids and that doesnt work for me either. there is no cure for these for me =[

Awe. Was it the same for your other pregnancy? (Im assuming your pic is your sweet lil one)

No oddly enough Kaiden's pregnancy was uneventful! I ended up delivering him at 41+5!

Oh boy. My first was 2 weeks over due. I needed induction. Second was right on time. With this one contractions since 19weeks. Luckily I havent needed intervention. My midwife said it is common and some women have them all the way through til term. Its sad because there is always so much to do to get ready for baby not to mention daily things that need done regardless. And its scary doing those things and causing contractions. Maybe try eating small meals every 4-5 hours and see if that helps(if you dont already)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->