Make up!

Aimeewaymee

My 2 Precious Princesses
Reaction score
So after i've had the baby i am thinking of getting some new make up. The foundation i use already makes the skin on my face worse (probably because of pregnancy hormones). My T zone gets oily easy so need a non oily make of foundation liquid? What make do you ladies recommend? What foundation liquid, powder, bronzer works good for you? Do u use a primer or a base which helps your skin to look flawless? I need my MOJO back! x:cry:

I only wear it if Im going out as Ive never gotten into wearing make up (too lazy) so Im no expert but I use clinique and like it. Ive tried other stuff in the past but some of it has made it feel like its clogging my pores. Ive used Prescriptives in the past and Benefit and they have been good too.

I use urban decay. Its a bit pricey but it works especially on my oily skin. They do all you want, don't test on animals and it lasts! I'd recommend their surreal skin cream to powder foundation, primer potion face primer which is the best base ever! Their baked bronzed, blusher and the cream highlighter. Also swap your cleansers, the body shops tea tree range is amazing at dealing with the blemishes and oil from the hormones. If you can't get your mojo back with that, nothing will work. Xx

Clinique all the way, I use their 3 step programme, foundation, powder and mascara, best my skins ever looked and even pregnancy hasn't fazed it! Xx

What you need is an amazing cleanser as if you start at the basics then you're laughing. Then you can change make up after that

Dermalogica stuff is amazing I swear, total miracle worker! Look online at their cleansers and treatments for oily skin etc and choose which one. They're not cheap mind, but they make suuuuuch a difference!

As for make up, I too have Clinique foundation, then I tend to go for No 7 or Benefit - the new Benefit blusher is gorgeous and has made me feel human during pregnancy!

Off topic but how advanced is internet advertising becoming. Within seconds of posting on here the ads at the top and bottom of the page are for clinique, maybelline and free foundation samples!

What you need is an amazing cleanser as if you start at the basics then you're laughing. Then you can change make up after that

Dermalogica stuff is amazing I swear, total miracle worker! Look online at their cleansers and treatments for oily skin etc and choose which one. They're not cheap mind, but they make suuuuuch a difference!

As for make up, I too have Clinique foundation, then I tend to go for No 7 or Benefit - the new Benefit blusher is gorgeous and has made me feel human during pregnancy!

My friend works for them and sent me a toilet bag of stuff to use at the hospital. Aint opened it yet but looks good. x

My friend works for them and sent me a toilet bag of stuff to use at the hospital. Aint opened it yet but looks good. x

Wow that's a great friend to have! I made an order of stuff from them only yesterday, I love Dermalogica!

Bare minerals all the way ! Like bobby brown when not preggo and sweaty lol but yes , bare mineral powders are a hit over in u.s cause they give you a natural , Matt and light finish . Quite pricey but worth it . I got mine from eBay but you can get it from debenhams . X

my skins combination but spotty atm i use simple face wash with witch hazel in its a very light exfoliting one and i use witch hazel water on any spots clinque foundation is worth the money i find you dont need to use very much x

Foundation: No7 Beautifully Matte.
Powder: No7 Perfect Light Press Powder.
Bronzer: Clinique Superbalanced Powder Bronzer.
Primer: No7 Airbrush Away Primer.

I love No7 and they normally have 3 for 2 offers on :)

Pre-pregnancy I used Boots Number 7 but during pregnancy it looked just awful so I went to the clinque counter and I am so thankful I did! I now use their 'redness' range and its amazing - I love it! Its expensive but so worth it. Hopefully once hormones have settled down a bit I can go back to Number 7 though as it is cheaper...

My friend knows a lady in the mall in John Lewis that works on the Bare minerals counter so i am going to pop in and see her and see if she can work her magic. I just have to wait until i have someone to go with as i said to OH last night about going and when i said i was going on my own he wasnt very happy about it because he doesnt want me going on my own. x

I wish you the best, just make sure to ask lots of questions and don't buy anything your not sure if you'll use or not. I've worked in the cosmetic industry (I love my job) for 8 yrs and my policy has always been to listen to the customer and sell what they'll use and not the kitchen sink.
I personally use a bit of everything from Clinique to Dior, to Elizabeth Arden. Each company has something amazing to offer. So don't be afraid to visit several companies to try what they have to offer. :flower:

I work for the body shop so i use all there products. They do a really good Matte primer which gives a gorgeous finish. Also they do a oil free foundation.

I use the Minerals collection.. its sooo light on the face! its crazy! If you have one near you pop in and see them. They will give you a consultation and help match you up etc Ask them for a sample of the founation and primer and you can give it a shot and see how you like it :) xx

bareMinerals concealer works awesome on me! It's light weight but leaves your skin with good coverage (without being heavy or cakey) and a really nice sheen (almost like a light pearl dust in the concealer). Highly recommend it!

Here's a link:

https://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-multi-tasking-face-P61006?skuId=1073063

To keep my makeup in place (mostly on my eyelids) I use a translucent face powder which really helps prevent the oils in your face from absorbing your makeup.

I have really sensitive skin and the ones that work best for me is using dermalogica to cleanse/tone/moisturise and then for make up i use all illamasqua stuff, literally the best make up ever!!! 99% of the time I just wear a light foundation and eyeliner and there stuff lasts for absoloutly ages, the eyeliner comes in a 'cake' and you just add water or the sealing gel and it will literally last years without going off like other make up because its a dried formula in the packet until you add the gel, also they have fantastic sales and if you order stuff online it comes in a cute package lol https://www.illamasqua.com/ Im rather obsessed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->