Makeup and morning sickness

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
I know this is a weird one, but is anyone else having a really hard time putting on makeup because of the smells?

I've gotten the most natural hypoallergenic stuff available (Mineral Fusion) and yet every time I go to put any on, I feel so sick and nauseous from the smell. Powders, foundations, even mascara smell makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. As a result, I haven't been able to wear makeup in weeks :(

Oh no that's rotten. I don't leave the house without it so I'd be divising some nose plugs for application lol. Your sense of smell is hightend during pregnancy but as the nausea wears off I'm sure you'll be able to start wearing it again.

what if you just try doing light eye liner and eye shadow and if anyone mentions it just say you're going for a more natural look and letting your skin breath. its probably better to wear a little less during pregnancy anyway since the hormones can cause acne and makeup can clog your pores. if you really can't go without make up maybe try going to a store like sephora where you can try everything and get a ton of samples. that way you don't even have to necessarily buy new makeup, you can just get samples to use throughout your pregnancy, they'll even take returns at anytime and give you a full refund.

I can't use mascara or eyeliner anyway as when I throw up my eyes water.. Not a good look!

bunnyblonde thank you for the suggestion about the eye liner and eye shadow, I will give that a try to see if I can bring some attention away from the areas I'm not happy about. And I had no idea Sephora did free samples--I've never shopped there before!

My main issue is that the morning sickness and anemia have me looking very ill--sunken eyes, dark circles under them, I'm starting to get the mask of pregnancy (I get it every time) so I have brown blotches on my face, and I am breaking out on my chin from the pregnancy hormones. So I really want to cover all this up, but I'm frustrated because nearly all foundations/powders have strong scents to them. The mineral stuff (which even has no scent added) just naturally smells like poop mixed with mildew, no joke! So I guess I can start with my eyes, but eventually I'm going to want to cover up the areas on my face that I'm not feeling great about and I'll probably just have to suffer through a scented cover-up of some kind :(

That sounds awful. I've never used mineral makeup but it does not sound pleasant smelling. Hopefully you can find something else you can at least tolerate for now! It might even be as simple as changing your face cleansing products but again some of those may have scents. Sephora will seriously give you as many samples as you want tho, and if you play up that you're pregnant and looking for something because your regular products are making you sick they'll probably pay extra attention to you

Dont say that!!!! Lol..makeup is my thing....my nausea been horrible this past 2 days and I have no energy..having been out..my hair has been in a bun fot over a week!!!! I cannot not wear makeup l....i can smell everything at the moment 20x stronger and whrn Im not pregnant i dont think makeup smells all that great..now im scared..im gonna crawl in the tub..wash my hair and do my makeup and see whats up!!! Ugh but the bed is so comfie...i wanna sleep!!!!

I sat with all my makeup and sniffed all of it lol didnt get me sick yey!!!!

Haha Prettysweetz, you're lucky!!!!

I tried putting some on this morning because I had to go out for an appointment... BAD idea. I was gagging the whole time :(

I tried putting some on this morning because I had to go out for an appointment... BAD idea. I was gagging the whole time :(

Awww thats awful....carrying around a lemon helps me with unpleasant smells..maybe find something pleasant smelling and sniff it while doing your makeup

Awww thats awful....carrying around a lemon helps me with unpleasant smells..maybe find something pleasant smelling and sniff it while doing your makeup

Lemon helps me too! I went through a phase with shampoo. It stunk so bad! And toothpaste. I had to plug my nose to brush my teeth. I wear the tarte clay foundation and I don't think there is much of a smell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->