Making a complaint at work

Leafy

Reaction score
Has anyone does this? Im unsure what to do.

Also, i am only temporary staff so dont know if i would even have any rights...?

I am not part of any union either.

Does anyone know if there is any point in me making a complaint towards a manager in my situation?

Thanks

Depends what the situation is and what sort of outcome you are expecting.
If its somthing quite sever and you feel you realy have to then first step is to go to your manager or shift leader if they dont listen then to head office.

Problem is if it is something that can be resolved without doing it as a official complaint ie talk to someone to the side if your having a problem with them or casualy chat to your manager then thats normaly better as sometimes its not worth making waves if its a little thing and causing a fuss could mean making life more difficult for you there or even risk you your job.

If you do decide to go to your manager (or head office if its about your manager) then try to do it as a "realy dont want to make a fuss but need to sort somthing out" sort of thing.

Hope you get it sorted

Its the manager and tbh i really dont want to go back because of it. In fact i probably wont. I just wanted a complaint made because i dont think the manager should be allowed to treat people like shit and get away with it and i know others have left before me because of the same manager. I just thought as i am only temporary and havent been there long my complaint probably wont make a difference. sigh.

Doesnt matter how long you have been there if there is something your manager is doing wrong that is effecting you and others then it is the companies duty to do somthing about it.
Certain rights only apply after you have been there a year but if its something like a complaint then best thing to do (especialy if you dont mind making a fuss) is go over their head, either a manager above them or a contact at head office.
Depending on how good a comapny is and how they handle such things either they may investigate into it or talk to your manager, most of the time this is done annonomusly at first to see if things improve then progresses from there.

Or if they are a bad company though it may get ignored or could make things worse for you ie find an excuse to get rid of you (iv had this happen to me)
So its just a case of weighing up if its worth it

I think it is worth it as i was only temporary and would have been leaving anyway but my time has now been cut short because i dont want to go back after the way i was treated. I guess i just want the manager told their behaviour is unacceptable by someone higher up - its sort of bullying in a way and i dont think managers should get away with it. I dont know if anything would be done but i suppose it is worth a shot. Thanks for the advice! xx

If you think something needs to be done then go for it.
I wanted to complain about our new manager in my old job because he kept calling people ******s and useless dumb shits behind there back to me so made me think what was he saying about me to them and making up lies like such and such refuses to work with you so he could cut people hours down.
At the time I didnt because I needed my job and then after I left I just couldnt be bothered.

Edit... stupid profanity filter blocked it, was ment to say he called people ret*rds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->