Making himself sick!!!

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
A couple of nights ago when Noah went to bed he heard him heave a couple of times - I dashed up stairs to check on him and he'd been sick!! Thinking he was sick I gave him some calpol, wash, drink etc and put him back down. Not long after he started to cry and heave, I went back up to find him sticking his fingers down his throat!!

Lastnight he done it again but with a lot more sick and tonight thankfully he wasn't sick but he was still sticking his fingers down his throat! It took him 2 hours tonight to go off!!!

I'm wondering WTH I can do to make him stop - I considered putting mitts on him but thought he wuld probably just take them off!

Anyone else ever had this prob - I really don't know how to handle it?

xx

Rhiannon sticks her spoon/toys/fingers down her throat making herslef gag/splutter but she only does it in the day and isnt sick with it..but still goes back doing it after she has made herself gag/splutter the dozy mare!!

dont know what to suggest hun tbh, does Noah have a dummy? could it be its fallen out and he cant find it so is stuffing is fingers down his throat?

sorry i couldnt be of more use :hugs:

I watched on supernanny of a mothers twins makign them selves sick for attention.
Everytime they did it they got her attention so they kept doing it.

Supernannys suggestion was to clean up and just ignore it.

dont know what to suggest hun tbh, does Noah have a dummy? could it be its fallen out and he cant find it so is stuffing is fingers down his throat?

He doesn't have a dummy - he did for a while but he bit them so I took it away. I did attempt to give him one the other night (thinking it would cure the fingers down the throat) but he wouldn't even entertain it!!!

So far its only at night when he's in be he does it - or when he wakes up in the morning!!!

Thing is he knows it works and that I'll go running thinking he's going to be sick so he's going to keep doing it!! :dohh:

I watched on supernanny of a mothers twins makign them selves sick for attention.
Everytime they did it they got her attention so they kept doing it.

Supernannys suggestion was to clean up and just ignore it.

I watched that too - thing is its his matress and bedding that ends up soaked in sick - if it was in the day on the floor then then I'd be able to do that!

I really don't know what to do next :hissy:

x

Max dose this too , during the day i take his hands away from his mouth and say no and give him a toy ..and at night he sleeps with his baby mits so he wont gt himself sick

I certainly think that its for attention, its what every child wants. Olivia sometimes does this, usually when she is bored or cant get her own way. I have to tell her very firmly once No! and then just make sure I ignore the behaviour but obviously cleaning up as I do so.

Putting mitts on Noah I personally dont think will be too easy, I know he's abit older than Olivia and I couldnt imagine trying to get Olivia keeping mits on at her age plus i dont think it would solve the situation, they would just become soggy and become cold which wouldnt be any good for their joints. If its during the night or in the morning when he wakes up has he got anything in his cot to stimulate him?

I dont really know what else to suggest to be honest. Have you spoken to the health visitor?

x

My neice who is 14 months, does the same thing. My sister says it is just for attention.

If its during the night or in the morning when he wakes up has he got anything in his cot to stimulate him?

I dont really know what else to suggest to be honest. Have you spoken to the health visitor?

x

I don't put toys etc in his cot as he ends up playing with them instead of going to sleep! :dohh:

My MIL suggested my health visitor but TBH I'd just rather ask 'Mums' as sometimes (with my HV being older than my mum) I wonder what the point is in asking them! - Does that make sense!?

xx

My neice who is 14 months, does the same thing. My sister says it is just for attention.

same age as Noah -maybe its just something they do?

Tonight when he went to bed he took a little longer to go to sleep and cried a bit more but he only put his fingers in his throat once - I hope thats it now!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->