Making journals private

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hello

After speaking to some of the others on here, I just wondered if there was any chance journals could be made private - ie for members only? I know certainly a few of the girls agree with me on this one but not sure if theres enough to actually put it into action?

xxx

There has been a few request for this and I believe that this is something that Admin is looking at.

:hugs:

Have you checked recently? They already are... at least the TTC and Pregnancy ones are.
We wern't going to announce it until they all are (we've had to stagger making them all private over a month so Google doesn't penalise BnB).

why would google penalise bnb?! and how?

It's way too complicated to explain. It's all to do with SEO & PR sculpting... it's the reason why BnB appears at the top of Google on so many searches.

The simple answer is Google (and other search engines) will suddenly wonder where half of BnB has gone and think something dodgy is going on (it's built in to SE algorithms).

I can't wait for this!!! :happydance:

I feel so nervous when I see "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)" etc.. :wacko:

oh wow!! this is great news I have had 'guest' viewing a lot recently and it put me on edge a bit......THANKS :hugs:

hmmmm,... I logged in from my phone the other day and was still able to see mine and others pregnancy journals even though I wasn't actually logged in with my username etc. is this an extremly recent change?

oh that's fantastic - will be great when WTT is private too :thumbup:

hmmmm,... I logged in from my phone the other day and was still able to see mine and others pregnancy journals even though I wasn't actually logged in with my username etc. is this an extremly recent change?

We started a couple of weeks ago, but it is staggered so could well have seen it.

My first thought was how exciting this it, but on the otherhand I joined because I had chance to see a lot of the posts..........hmmmmmmmmmm.............

Is it just the journals that are private - sorry if I misunderstood and you already answered this.

Thank you.

I'd like the WTT journals to be private too. After reading another members posts its got me thinking, although I've been keeping a journal on here I've not really thought about guests reading them before. I might start editing a few details out.

My first thought was how exciting this it, but on the otherhand I joined because I had chance to see a lot of the posts..........hmmmmmmmmmm.............

Is it just the journals that are private - sorry if I misunderstood and you already answered this.

Thank you.

Yep it's just the journals that are private. The rest of the forum is open to help guests (after all, most of our members were lurkers at some point. Seeing what the forum was like is what makes guests sign up) :)

I'd like the WTT journals to be private too. After reading another members posts its got me thinking, although I've been keeping a journal on here I've not really thought about guests reading them before. I might start editing a few details out.
All journals are going to be private.

There is a guest viewing my journal right now :confused: x