Making kid go to school

M

MrsRabbit

Usually 1-2 mornings a week DS doesn't want to go to school. I have to push him through the morning routine and when I get him on the bus he's a grump. This morning I had to scold him because he wouldn't let the aid buckle his seat belt.

Most of the time he comes home excited and he says he had fun and enjoyed school.

Another mom said I was being awful for forcing him to go to school.

:shrug:

He has to get his education. I didn't always want to go to school. I had to go. I didn't want to take math but my parents made him for my own good.

If this were my son, what id want to do is not force him to school, let him stay home but with no privilages. No tv, games, toys. After a few days hed soon get bored ;) in reality id have toforce him as i could face an asbo, parents who have kids play truant round here face that.

Its tough love, stay strong. One day hell thank you :) xxx

it's illegal here for your child not to attend school so anyone in the same situation would be forced to make their child go :shrug: i'm sure all kids don't want something or other at some point.. unfortunately for them, we make the decisions x

Exactly - don't we force our children to do lots of things every day?

He came home and he had a blast at school - they learned about wood working and he brought home is own pair of safety goggles.

your should just push through it really do what you normally do with the morning routine then drop him at school,sit down have a talk and say it is important you go to school to learn and be with your friends but at same time explain if he doesnt go to school you will get in trouble.

I would be concerned that there might be an underlying problem. If he's still young he might not be quite ready for school yet. I want my children to have a real love of learning, so if I ever sent them to school and they weren't wanting to go then I'd definitely be looking into it further.

my teen 16 leaves this yr,but says he going college in sep , hes always late, thats if he bothers to go i cant grab him outa bed :shrug: he stays home,no tv/xbox etc and it doesnt bother him :wacko:

I asked the morning and after school bus drivers and called the teacher - no issues they have seen or he's told them about. He will be having fun when I go with him and I'll ask him and he turn to me and say he hates it when I just witnessed him having fun, laughing and taking part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->