Making my list of questions for the Mw!

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I am seeing the same midwives but they switched to a new practice and hospital. I have lots of questions I need to ask. I also have a lot of questions because we will be trying to VBAC :happydance: When I saw them last in December they were trying to get waterproof monitoring quipment for waterbirths and that would be the only way I would be allowed a water VBAC. I am hoping and praying since they are at a much better hospital they will have it now :wacko:

Fingers crossed hun. I moved 50 miles between my 2 just to find out they are still trying to encourage home births.... No thank you??

I wouldn't mind a home birth if it was my first and if I was like right across the street from the hospital. With us being a good 30 min from hospital and a previous section no way!

I'm an hour from our local maternity hospital and previous induction and blue baby.

Plus my house is rented and has cream carpets.... Hell NO!!!!!

That is scary. My son turned blue the day of my post partum visit with mw and spent the night in the hospital :(

Scary times isn't it. My lb suddenly went blue after being fully delivered hospital claimed he was just cold but he never took a breath for nearly 3 minutes. Hes healthy and strong now mind you

I always forget to ask my questions :dohh: even if I write them down they just slip right outta my head.

For me I wasn't allowed to VBAC last time, he said because of why I sectioned the first time... turns out I have a fibroid that sits very close/ on top of my cervix... so my cervix can't dialate...

Why are you only allowed a water birth?

I'm not allowed a water birth...that's what I want. If they have gotten better equipment I might tho! I had a section because lo was breech so hopefully all goes well. I healed well and my scar has about disappeared without any help. I was told I needed 18months between births to be ideal and we will have 22months between them :)

I had my first mw appt yesterday an I didn't have anything to ask my mind went abit blank. However she did say they will discuss delivery at 20 week appt as last birth was a section. Are there restrictions on having a normal birth following a section? I haven't a clue x

I know lots of mamas who have had successful VBACs!! Even one V2BAC :thumbup:
The V2BAC was tough though as she only found one doc who would do it. Where I am quite a few docs and midwives will do a VBAC - but it often depends on the circumstances surrounding the previous section and the status of the current pregnancy. I don't have a good list of questions since I haven't been in that position, but good luck! A VBAC water birth sounds like a beautiful plan :D

I know I can have the vbac. I've spoken to them about that months ago. I just have a lot if questions about the new hospital they're at. Things like monitoring and moving around etc.

Oh I think I'll have to have a look into it an make a list of questions. My consultant did say if I was to have any more I can try for a normal delivery but I'm diabetic an they induce you at 38 weeks anyway not sure i would want to distress the baby through induction when they aren't ready to come by themselves x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->