making wipes

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
i want to make some wipes but first wanted to ask your advice, i know theres a million threads on this but i just did a quick search and i couldnt find anything :shrug:

i want one side to be towelling, what should the other side be? and what size should i make them?

thanks

x

I've used fleece, flannel (it's cotton but brushed not like towelling), minkee.

not sure about size though, do you have any you can measure up to?

Mine are 8inx8in and I think they are perfect size! I use them as wash clothes for the boys and even for cleaning around the house too...I have lots lol

Mine are flannel print on one side then cotton velour on the other. I have some others that are flannel print on one side and then terry on the other. I really like the velour ones though, very soft. I like mine having cute prints on one side too.

Mine are towelling one side and fleece on the other :D Size wise think they are 5 inches by about 8/9 inches... i just made them up tbh and i only use 1 even for poops!!

hmm i have some flannel fat quarters upstairs that i havent found any use for yet, was gna originally use them for csp but decided i wanted fleece next to my skin so i could use those

x

Yea they sound perfect hun :D

so one side towel and one side flannel, i was thinking i might measure a freezer bag and make some wipes half the length and the same width, then i can store them in there while im out and about, with the top folded over, have my little bottle full of solution and im ready to go...will they be quite bulky? i made some with fleece and they were far too bulky for wipes and were demoted to boosted liners :haha:

x

i had flannel FQ's too i used them for both wipes and CSP.
I found the flannel ok, fleece made them far too thick and minkee made them lush!

ok, im off in the bath now so i wont have time to do them tonight but will give them a go tomorrow :)

x

I made mine using flannels and fleece. I haven't actually used them yet though :blush: xx

Mine are bamboo terry on one side and bamboo velour on the other, they're great. I'm not sure of the size but they're weenotions.

I think mine are 20cmx25cm or so? Basically I made them to fit over a fully stretched out hand. I have a variety of fabrics. Toweling/flannel, flannel/muslin, terry/muslin. I have good hopes for the muslin ones as the muslin is a little grippy while still being really soft after a wash. The flannel I have is really soft and fleecey. I looked at some polar fleece but was a bit more liquid repellent than I liked. I may make more.

I made mine out of terry tea towels, so each one is 1/4 of a towel (folded in half widthways and then lengthways), with fleece of the same size blanket stitched on. They are quite thick, but it doesn't bother me. I get a kick out of knowing they were SO cheap and I made them myself. I use them with plain water mostly.

The ones I made are toweling/flannel on one side and fleece on the other. I made large ones for poo's and some small ones for when its just a wet nappy.

Id say do them whatever size you think is most practical for you :thumbup:

I have a variety of flannel/flannel, flannel/minkee, terry/minkee wipes and I like the flannel/flannel combo the best. they are the thinnest and I like the way the flannel absorbs lots of water for cleaning and it's still soft yet does a good job scrubbing off the messy poops. Ours are a bit on the smaller side too. They are roughly 6"x6"- most of the time they are just used for pees so they don't need to be big and I'll use 2 for a poop. But that's just me- I think everyone has their own preference with wipes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->