Male Factor Roll Call

MissAma

Finally a Mom to Dara
Reaction score
Hey ladies, just curious, considering how much BnB's LTTTC section seems to have grown lately, how many of us are here with a Male Factor (azoospermia, oligo, morphology, motility, immune issues) diagnostic?

Is there a running list? If I were new around here I'd sure want to know. Let me see if I know so far:

MissAma - Azoospermia with successful Surgical Testicular Retrival (questionable, we had chemicals) - TTC for 3 years - 1 failed ICSI - https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-a...e-factor-icsis-chemicals-poas-obsessions.html :bfp: on ICSI No.2! :happydance:

Chocci -Idiopatic Oligoasthenozoospermia (low count, morph and motility but much improved with lifestyle) https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-a...an-1st-2010-new-year-new-decade-new-life.html

Peartree - oligoastenospermia (low count, low morph) - awaiting ICSI? - https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-ac-journals/179282-peartrees-little-thread-sanity.html :bfp: :happydance:

Hayz - :bfp: on IVF 1

Rachelle75 -Improved but still MF - Awaiting ICSI 1 - https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-ac-journals/63040-rachelles-pma-explosion-result-bfp-2010-a.html

MissMonty - Sperm Antibodies - Mid-First-and-Last-ICSI Cycle

Sabine - Oligoastenospermia (low count and morph), PCOS and Endo - www.alfabeats.blogspot.com - IVF :bfp:

JojoD - low count - Mid-First-and-Last-ICSI Cycle - ICSI 1 :bfp: :happydance:

hopesforababy - Testicular Cancer, low sperm count - 2 IUI cycles - IVF next

looknomore - Low motility - TTC for 1 year - 1st IUI

ald - Low Motility and PCOS - several failed Clomid cycles - Awaiting ICSI - https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-ac-journals/69895-alds-ttc-journal-im-back.html

Hopeful27yrs - Azoospermia bilateral undescended - Awaiting ICSI, probably donor

Cupcale Queen - Sperm Antibodies, Fibroids, Immune issues and Endo - Awaiting next ICSI - https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-ac-journals/153810-2010-year-baby.html

Leila Fae - Low Morphology (6%) - Awaiting IVF?

Mummytofour - Oligospermia (2mil) - TTC naturally?

FBaby - Low Count and Morphology - TTC naturally

Underthestars - Leukemia so frozen sperm - ICSI

BigFoot1980 - Low Morphology 3% and Low Motility 15% - TTC Naturally?

Titi - Low Motility - TTC Naturally

Aphrodite - Bad Morph, low Motility - https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...ems-trying-conceive/ltttc-ac-...s-journey.htm IVF :bfp: !!!

Farie - Improved Results so borderline Unexplained! - natural :bfp::happydance:

grneyednurse - low count but improving - TTC naturally

beauty - mild PCOS, low count - TTC naturally - awaiting ICSI

MrsR32 - Low count, low morph - awaiting ICSI

Dancingkaty1 - TTC #2 - low count, low motility - awaiting IUI

suzie7 - all clear but DH low count, low motility - TTC naturally

tickledpink - low count, motility and morphology - TTC for 3 long years - awaiting treatment

DragonMummy - secondary infertility, PCOS, low morphology

lady blush - PCOS and low morphology - trying for 6 hugely long years - on NHS IVF waiting list

DillyC - oligo, under 1 M - awaiting ICSI

zowiey - low count and morphology issues, awaiting BMI

LochBride - low motility & morphology (both about 10%) - TTC since Jan 2009 - awaiting first visit to fertility clinic.

Babyloulou- low motility (26%) and low morphology (13%). PCOS and no ovulation. - trying since 2005- On 4th round of Clomid (then to ICSI- :bfp:

Brumbar - low morphology (last test in Jan 5% before that 0%!!!!2%,3%, 4%) - TTC since Dec 2007 - Awaiting ICSI 2

Deb111 - azoospermia diagnosed April 2010 - TTC for 20 montha - Awaiting SSR

Rdy2BaMom- Dh has low morphology, count, motility. Urologist appt May 5th

Hopesprings-low morphology 4% IUI #1 with clomid (also Fertilaid for Men) - :bfp: !!!

Mrskcbrown - Low morphology - waiting for IUI

Springflower - no normal forms - awaiting ICSI

Who else?:shrug:

Hi

We have male factor infertility - DH has antisperm antibodies - they are virtually impossible to get rid of. We think they may have been caused by a sporting injury.

We only found out at our consultation with the fertility clinic, and they explained they many people with unexplained turn out to have male factor.

We have just had our first ICSI cycle x

We also have male factor. It seems like there are a lot more of us with male factor in the past month or so. We have really low sperm count due to testicular cancer. DH is fine now, but he had one removed, so his numbers are really low. We are in the process of starting IVF. We had our first consultation the other day and the doctor flat out told us that we won't get pregnant naturally and that he wasn't surprised that my two IUI's failed. Kinda shocked to hear it so bluntly, but also a bit of a relief to know that it's really not something that I'm doing wrong.
Thankfully we have the ability to overcome these obstacles and get our :bfp:
:dust:

Wow, this is like the worst roll call to be on ever :p
Sign me on up...

We have oligoasthenospermia (low count, low morph - due to one undescended testicle)

(and I have PCOS and endometriosis)
boo hoo :(

We are on our icsi journey for male factor also

Low count due to undescended testicles, not treated until the dh was around six years old.

Our egg collection is on Monday, hoping for enough spermies for good fertilisation

:wacko:

Hey MissAma - good idea starting this!

Agree it's got to be the worst roll call ever, but hey ho, I guess that's our lot, eh? :winkwink:

A little about our situation - DH has low everything due to undescended testes too - wasn't treated til he was until 9 or 10. :nope:

Sabine, if you don't mind me asking, does your OH still have undescended testes? Don't have to answer if I'm being too nosy. I just wondered if this was something that was physically noticeable. As in, I'm still blaming his mum/parents and really bitter that she didn't pick it up during the thousands of times they've changed his nappy/bathed him.

Am new here so hope am doing this right.

TTC for 1 year
DH has low sperm motility
Ist Cycle IUI this month

peartree, dont mind you asking at all. only one was undescended, but noticed way too late by a school nurse and only fixed at age 8/9. That testicle is a bit smaller than the other, and it feels different - softer - but otherwise not noticeable. I asked if I could phone and shout at his mother and he said yes!!!!
totally blame her. and who doesnt take their kid to a pediatrician anyway, even if she didnt notice it herself!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Has your hubby's been repaired and can you see any difference?

There seem to be quite a few of us with hubbies who had this, didnt realise how 'common' it was.
With some other male factors it is treatable (ie varicocele) but dont think we have many options. did your doc give any other info? mine pretty much sucks.

Please add me to the roll call, my dh has very low motility (10%) and I have PCOS :-(

Whoa there are quite a few of us now indeed! - Except as you can imagine, I think oligospermia is an improvement to our situation so I'm envious you guys have ANY Clives coming out on their own! :)

I will write a proper list tomorrow. I am thinking it should contain Name - Type of Male Factor - TTC since - Treatment Form -BnB Diary Link. Any other suggestions? In a few months we ought to have success stories links too!

Sabine - Both were undescended, and they were both corrected. When we started dating, I did notice the scars, but never in a million years did I think it affected anything.

I'm glad that you guys feel like blaming the mother too. I sometimes feel that I'm being very illogical and unreasonable for being bitter towards her.

When we found out, I was so angry at his mother, because I thought that the doc who carried out the operation would have mentioned something, and it was her duty to mention it to DH. But the urologist has said that only relatively recently have studies concluded that you have to carry out the operation before 2 yrs old for it to not affect fertility. They're a very uncommunicative family and keep things to themselves, and don't really talk about private things, so to this day she hasn't mentioned anything to me or asked me about anything that's going to happen, like everything is normal. DH has talked to her about things, but has never confronted her. :growlmad:

The urologist said that because the problem with count, etc, are very obviously because of the undescended testes, then there is really no option but to go for IVF, and because in our case it really is quite low, then ICSI would be the way forward. Would that be what you're going for?

Lovely (or not, as the case may be) to see so many people here, kinda like a special support network. :hugs:

MissAma, hopefully, everyone here will have success story before the year's out!

DH had bilateral undescended testicles which were not corrected until he was 28 - only because DH then wanted to be able to check himself for lumps.

After having SA (which showed nothing) his mother said she doesn't remember him having any problem.

We're probably going to go the sperm donation route as we've seen a urologist who advised that testicular biopsy would probably show nothing - which we expect also. Looking into research there has only been 1 child born to someone in a similar position and that was after very invasive methods. You also have to worry about the quality of the 'sperm' if able to retrieve it after all that time whether it will be normal.

hey MissAma

Cupcake Queen has Male factor too has sperm antiibodies, you may want to ask her if she wants to be involved in thsi thread/

Here is a little inspiration for you girls, my hubby was diagnosed with Idiopathic oligoasthenozoospermia, in laymans terms, low count, low motility, low morphology, you name it everything. Nothing drastic just all in combination with each other he ws given little chance of getting me preggers naturally.

He cut right down on alcohol, not totally but does not have much at all now, he improved his crap diet, forcing veggies and salads etc down his throat, not loads but better than he did, and he started taking Selenium plus male vits.

For first ICSI all his readings had improved, still the readings were not great, but they had doubled. The only reading we could not compare was the morpology cos they do not do that for ICSI (takes them too much time). For the second ICSI after keeping up his healthier lifestyle his readings had gone up even more - over doubled! Still not fantastic, but we were told that had that been his original diagnostic sample (depending on what the morphology had shown) we would probably have just done IVF and no need for ICSI.

So that just shows you what a better lifestyle does in SOME cases, and it's all worth a try to at least get that all important ICSI sample to be the best quality to make your little embies!!

We eventually got our BFP a few days ago..... it's been a tough ride, mentally and physically, you start to question everything, will it ever happen to me, will we get our baby, is there any point going on after you have a failure, etc...... but keep going, it WILL happen, some just take longer than others - all we need in a cycle is a little bit of luck!!!

xxx

We have a male factor issue - low morphology (6%). We're back to the GP in a week or so to get another SA to see if it's improved but considering DH's lifestyle wasn't bad to start with (loves his veggies and doesn't drink much) we're not hopeful that it'll be any better.

My DH had a sperm count of only 2 million after his successful vaesectomy reversal in 1999 and we have 4 children, the first concieved only 3 months after the op!
So there is hope ladies!!:thumbup:
I now have high prolactin which is not helping but GP said DH's gun may not be as fully loaded as he thinks!!! LOL!!
We assumed his count had improved due to conceiving naturally but as he smokes then maybe not as we haven't done the SA route yet.

We have a male factor issue - low morphology (6%). We're back to the GP in a week or so to get another SA to see if it's improved but considering DH's lifestyle wasn't bad to start with (loves his veggies and doesn't drink much) we're not hopeful that it'll be any better.

I second this. This new thread is starting at the most opportunistic time for me since we found out yesterday that we had male factor issues too. It came as a total surprise since I fell pg last May first cycle after stopping the pill (resulted in m/c a couple of weeks later). As I am 39 we assumed our trouble (if we could even assume there was one as only ttc 9 months since the m/c) was due to my age and shrinking eggs. SA result was low count (18 million) and low morphology (4%). Motility was fine.

Like your OH Leila, there isn't much OH can do as he already lives a perfect lifestyle, very active, eats unusually healthily (he even drinks green tea!) and doesn't smoke. The only thing he can improve is his drinking, but then, if all english men drinking like he does had problems, the English population would instinguish in no time :haha:

We too have decided to go for another SA, we were advised to wait for 6 weeks at least though as this is the minimum it would take to see real changes, and if still bad, we will have to seriously consider icsi as soon as possible because my mature age becomes then a factor.

What a journey it has been from deciding to start ttc, to fall pg unexpectedly a month later, to m/c the following month, to go through the highs and lows of ttc, to finally find out a week before the baby would have been due that this pregnancy had been as close as to a miracle as it gets.

Chocci, CONGRATULATIONS, that's such brilliant news, many :hugs::hugs: to you.

Hi all-

MF-motility 49%. Since test in November he has quit smoking (yay!!!!) and is eating a little better.....going to order some Wellmans I think as well this month. Hoping something will work.

Hey Missama - sorry bit late for my response!! Yep male factor although i'm happy to say what he's got is above average :wohoo: Unfortunately quantity is a bit crap :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->