Male Factor Roll Call

Morning ladies, I have a question that I am hoping one of you can help me with. I am due to ovulate soon, probably by Friday and usually DH and I dtd every other day during high and peak fertility. However, since he got the diagnosis of his low sperm count last week he's worried that having sex like this isn't working. He has asked us to wait until I ovulate and to abstain from sex until then. His sperm moprhology and motility were ok but we weren't told the numbers. The sperm count was 10 mill (low).

We didn't get any advice on this, just told IVF would be the only option. We are still trying to conceive naturally, hoping for a miracle! Not sure though that this is the right way forward.

Does anyone have any opinions? Many thanks.

Abstaining from sex for too long is very bad! I would say keep to every other day.
Or non-fertile stage: every 3rd or 4th day and peak fertile stage: every 2nd day
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice ladies, we will talk it through as a couple and make a decision from there. I wish when we had these FS appointments that they handed over a bit more information than they do. Either that or you didn't have to wait so long between appointments to find the answers to your questions.

:hug:

Hi ladies, mind if I join you?

We have been trying for 16 months and have just found out that DH has a very low count (about 1.3 million) and abnormalities all over the place. Also I don't seem to be ovulating. Our gp has referred us to the FS so I'm not sure what happens from here. We just wait in limbo I guess.

xx

Hi ladies, mind if I join you?

We have been trying for 16 months and have just found out that DH has a very low count (about 1.3 million) and abnormalities all over the place. Also I don't seem to be ovulating. Our gp has referred us to the FS so I'm not sure what happens from here. We just wait in limbo I guess.

xx
:hugs:
You can't really decide with one SA, and it can improve.
As for ov, they'll probably give you something like Clomid to see if it'll do the trick. Otherwise there's IVF.

:hi: wifey

They will probably send you for a second SA and check your bloods again. We are taking Wellman Conception to try and improve the sperm count. Quaver is right, if you aren't ovulating then you are usally offered Clomid to see if that helps. They'll probably do a scan or lap and dye to check your insides too.

Thanks ladies. DH has another pot and will be giving a second sample next week. Our doc recommended taking zinc and selenium, but he has been taking them for eight months already. Neither of us smoke and drink only very rarely. I hope that clomid will work and that there are enough swimmers to make it through.

There is always a chance Wifey. Keep going for it whilst you wait for the results of all the tests. Well, that's what we are doing:D

Thanks Trasky, we are going to keep trying just incase one gets through. We are not giving up without a mammoth fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->