Male infertility

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey, my partner and I have been trying for #2 for almost 2 years. We have been seeing a FS for a year. I've had blood work for just about everything under the sun and it shows that I have a high AMH. My partner had a SA done and it shows low motility and count. The FS said that our best chances are IVF. I asked him if there was any meds or vitamins and he said that research shows that there may be some but our best chances are with IVF. Which didn't help at all. So I did some research and now his on fertile max, centrum, fish oil and vit c. My question is should we keep trying naturally or should we go IVF?
I conceived our first after 14 months of trying naturally no meds.

I found Aspirin and Progesterone very important.

I am not sure why the doctor would suggest IVF so soon, you didn't mention doing an IUI yet. I would certainly try that first.

Hey, thank you for replying. The doctor said that an IUI wouldn't work because of the low amount of sperm and low motility.

It takes about three months for the vitamins to do anything for his swimmers.
We tried that as well, then did six rounds of IUI before breaking down and realizing his swimmers was just not getting better.
You have to do what is right with you, in retrospect I wish we just jumped in to IVF, but we had really bad fragmentation and didn't know until after three IUI's.

Good luck

My OH has high DNA fragmentation and I have had 3 miscarriages between 8-10 weeks and one chemical. I have had every test under the sun and nothing found apart from slightly elevated NK cells. However all our miscarriages were due to chromosomal issues. OH had numerous fragmentation tests and it ranges from 44-51%.

Anything over 25 percent is higher risk of miscarriage, anything over 50 percent fragmentation is high risk of miscarriage. We were offered ivf with icsi with Imsi with Pgd. This might help.

I am so torn :(. Terrified of another miscarriage and also terrified ivf doesn't work. I am almost 37 and have not even tried for the last year as was having tests and then OH was on vitamins (although we did have a chemical in December).

It's sooooo hard to make a decision!

If your FS says IUI isn't a realistic option I'm inclined to believe vitamins aren't going to help you guys either.

We knew ours was male factor too and in hindsight I wish we'd have forgone the heartache and expense and just jumped right to IVF as we were advised to. In defiance we tried every vitamin and supplement under the sun, I took a ridiculous amount of hyperovulatory meds, we tried three IUI cycles before my doc said she refused to do anymore and in the end our first round of IVF (with ICSI assist) is what finally made it happen.

Follow your gut, but also listen to the experts. If they say don't waste your time and money putzing around with anything else, they're probably right :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->