mamas & papas Customer service

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Is truely shocking!

I spent over 1 hour in a queue on the phone last monday only to have the call picked up and dropped right away, so I emailed and on their site it says they will reply within 5 days ....... this was 10 days ago! STILL nothing, I rang again last thursday (another 20 mins in a queue) to check delivery to be told it would be in store this week and we would be called when it is in store, I have heard nothing so I rang again today (again 20 mins in a queue) to ask where our delivery was to be told it had been delivered to store ....... yet noone has rang us to let us know!!!

I asked for a number or address to complain to, and was told they dealt with them, so I told him my problem and pointed out how we have spent alot of money with them and you know what his reply was ..... 'yeah I guess that would annoy me too!' that was it, that was 'dealing with the complaint'

ughhhhhhhh I am so mad right now!

we had a similar problem with them, we found that if you press one (home shopping i think) they pick up straight away and can deal with your enquiry whereas press four for delivery and you wait for ages in the queue with the irritating music. they are useless, clearly happy to take orders but not to answer existing enquiries. We complained about various issues via the email addy on their website and they gave us 10% off eventually, shame about the bad service as the products are lovely when they finally arrive, they obv think they can get away with it!

xx

I also have really bad customer service experience with Mamas and Papas.
I ordered an Ocean cot bed, and received an email advising me that it had been dispatched, and would be delivered within one working day - that was on a Thursday. So I arranged to take the Frday off (too bulky to expect neighbours to take delivery for you).
Nothing came on the Friday. It got to about 3pm and I called the Customer Service, and was told it could still be delivered up to 6pm by DHL. I had to wait for about 20mn on hold, with the most annoying message saying that they were experiencing high call volumes. My cot was not delivered.
Customer Service were not open on Saturday, so called them at 8am on Monday, and was told it would definetely be delivered that day (again, had about 15min on hold - at that time in the morning, you'd expect to get straight through, but I suspect they only have one or two lines).
My cot was not delivered on the Monday. By this point, I composed the rudest email I could get away with, and got an auto-response saying I would receive a reply within three working days.
On Tuesday morning, I called again, to ask that they either deliver by the Wednesday (as I was off work that day anyway), or cancel the order and refund me. I then got a call later on apologising for the delay - one of the boxes had been mislaid and not loaded onto the van etc... Anyway, I demanded a refund of my delivery charge and some compensation for taking three days off work - they sent me a £25 gift card (not sure if they realise that's in no way comparable to three days' salary).
Anyway, had a similar problem with my gift list, which I set to be delivered on a Friday, as my baby shower was arranged for the following day. On the Friday, only the mattress my husband had ordered was delivered - all my guests' gifts were missing. We had to cancel the shower. I called Mamas and Papas on the Monday - I was livid!!! My items came in 5 different shippings / packages over the Monday and Tuesday.
This is obviously a company who have grown big quicker than they can manage. Whilst the quality of their products cannot be denied, the customer service you receive for what you have to pay is in no way comparable to companies such as The White Company. My advise would be to go to the store and buy as much as you can via the stores!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->