mamas & papas ziko herbie...

nikkip75

Reaction score
hi everyone,

does anyone have one of these?

i was set on the bugaboo but having a look at the ziko herbie im starting to like this one more!

i love the patterns and colours...

but reading reviews on it i can see nothing but negative comments, how the chassis collapses and the wheels lock or that the fabric fades.

im really disappointed now cos i fell in love with it. anyone out there got one a love it?

please please tell me there is :hissy:

Hi Nikki,

I too, am an admirer of the Herbie, but am seriously put off by the reviews too.....I have since found that Mothercare are stocking as an online only offer the FirstWheels City Elite Single Pram/Pushchair 2009 model....It looks very Bugaboo/Quinny/M&PJoolz like and is gorgeous!

I can't load the image, my laptop won't co-operate!:hissy:

If you go to the Mothercare site and then enter the Pushchair section and scroll down to Parent facing pushchairs and go to page 12 or item code k2002!

It comes in black , black/red, black/sand, black/green, black/brown and black/blue, the carrycots are sold separate and they are Maxi Cosi car seat compatible!! It's £329.99 for the pushchair, £159.99 for the carrycot and Maxi Cosi's are varying depending if you buy in a store or online!

I know several people who have had the original firstwheels prams and they can't find fault with them!

I am definately going with this option!

BTW, The Herbie was slashed to Half Price a few weeks ago and is now back at £550!!!!!!

i fell in love with this 2 was going to get it and same as u was put off by the reviews i still went to see it though and its not all that light weight the steering is pretty heavy (dosent turn well) and quite heavy to push also the car seat wouldnt fit in my car sorry i cant be of much help but i got the mychoice from mothercare in the end and im totally in love with it heres a link https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=48767031&mcb=core

I have this pram and i adore it. I was put off by the reviews i rerad online aswell and tbh if i paid £550 for it then i think i would be slightly disappointed to. We however managed to get it at a mams and papas sale. I don't have any trouble collapsing it, it took a bit of getting used to to get the front wheels to tuch under but theres a nack with flicking them. The back wheels don't collapse however so you need a fairly big car boot in order to be able to fit it in. We've only been using the pram since the beginning of October and given the lack of sunshine, the material hasn't faded any as yet.

In all i love the pram, it does everything i looked for in a pram. If you buy the primo pro sleep car seat to go with it i warn you it's heavy and difficult with a LO to carry so it might be worth looking into other car seats that will still fit the chasis if you are going to use it as a travel system.

If you have anything else you want to know feel free to ask.

p.s. don't forget if you order a mamas and papas catolgue online you get a £5 discount voucher.

i fell in love with this 2 was going to get it and same as u was put off by the reviews i still went to see it though and its not all that light weight the steering is pretty heavy (dosent turn well) and quite heavy to push also the car seat wouldnt fit in my car sorry i cant be of much help but i got the mychoice from mothercare in the end and im totally in love with it heres a link https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=48767031&mcb=core

I don't think the steering is particulalry heavy unless the car seat is on, the centre of gravity changes making it a little more difficult than the carrycot. With the carrycot on and the front wheels unlocked i think it's fairly easy to handle. :hugs:

I have this pram and i adore it. I was put off by the reviews i rerad online aswell and tbh if i paid £550 for it then i think i would be slightly disappointed to. We however managed to get it at a mams and papas sale. I don't have any trouble collapsing it, it took a bit of getting used to to get the front wheels to tuch under but theres a nack with flicking them. The back wheels don't collapse however so you need a fairly big car boot in order to be able to fit it in. We've only been using the pram since the beginning of October and given the lack of sunshine, the material hasn't faded any as yet.

In all i love the pram, it does everything i looked for in a pram. If you buy the primo pro sleep car seat to go with it i warn you it's heavy and difficult with a LO to carry so it might be worth looking into other car seats that will still fit the chasis if you are going to use it as a travel system.

If you have anything else you want to know feel free to ask.

p.s. don't forget if you order a mamas and papas catolgue online you get a £5 discount voucher.

YAY!!! all i needed was one person to say they loved in an i was soled lol:rofl:
i have been humming an ahhhing all week but just had another look at it an cant resist! all i need to do now is wait until thursday for our next scan to find out if we are having a boy or girl so i know what colours to get:happydance:

dont think we will bother with the pro sleeper, will just get a maxi cosi car seat cos i dont drive anyway and OH is in work with the car all day so i dont really use it that often.

i cant wait now!!!:happydance:

Lol! well i guess it's all down to personal opinion and what you want a pram to do. I read all the reviews aswell and they put me off at first but now i feel i made the right choice for our lifestyle. I mean we live in a pretty flat area so we don't have any 'testing' areas but i still think it's easy to push compared to some of the prams i tried.

Oh, the only other issue i have with the pram is that the change bag that comes with it is actually quite bulky underneath the pram so i got a smaller bag for when we go shopping.

Good luck at your scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->