Mamas suffering anxiety/mental health issues!?

teekay22

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've suffered anxiety for 6 years now, I experienced panic attacks, constant worry I was going insane and feeling helpless. When I fell pregnant with my daughter 2 and a half years ago my anxiety disappeared almost completely and it wasn't until about 4 months ago I noticed my symptoms returning! I've had a few panic attacks and have got this constant worry inside, like im insane and always will be! I haven't been to a doc out of pure shame although I know how often they deal with mental illness... I have been reading several threads about mothers suffering like I am even worse and it's made me feel a lot better - knowing I'm not alone and knowing that I can still be a great mum even with mental health issues affecting me. Basically I was wondering a few things
1. Does cognitive behaviour therapy work (vs medication)
2. Tips on getting through each day with a smile!
3. Your mental health issues and how they affect you and your parenting.

I suffered with anxiety/depression since I was 13 but really find myself struggling with my moods lately and just not feeling happy. I bought cbt for dummies recently. I learned a lot about myself already and I have a lot hope in it.

I had CBt for my eating disorder when I was younger, found it very helpful. I've had depression since I was twelve. Only thing that works for that is meds though... But I get it very severely. I have had schizoaffective since my son was born three yrs ago only thing that works for that is meds too.

Things I find helpful... Getting out and about, talking to my partner, taking meds, seeing doctor regularly

Parenting... It's very hard sometimes. When I'm really ill husband takes over. He has had to leave his job.

I suffered with anxiety/depression since I was 13 but really find myself struggling with my moods lately and just not feeling happy. I bought cbt for dummies recently. I learned a lot about myself already and I have a lot hope in it.

I also suffer from anxiety and depression (diagnosed). I think I might also suffer from OCD or ADD but not sure. I just downloaded cb for dummies - thank you for the recommendation.

I suffer from OCD and sometimes its so bad I actually ache from my fears. I have had it for 6/7yrs and I finally spoke to health professionals. They have registered me for CBT but the appointment can take up to 9 months for it to come through. I go for counselling as I was having so many personal issues and really need to just chat to someone. I dont have anyone to talk to, my DH doesnt understand and never will so my OCD just escalates. Its hard to get to my councellor some times and thats usually when I need to talk the most! I really try hard to seperate the OCD issues from my LO but it is a constant battle and at times it does affect my mood because Im so strung.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->