• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mamas with chronic illnesses, who are expecting [Support Thread]

M

Miss406

Just wondering if there are any other Mamas here who are expecting a baby who suffer day in, day out with chronic illness?
I'm talking about anything here, diabetes, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, anything!

Personally I suffer with:
- Asthma
- Fibromyalgia
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Raynauds Phenomenon
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome

I have also suffered with chronic anemia (even without being pregnant).

Here's a shout out to all the mamas who are making a new little person (or, new little people) but who struggle on a day in day out basis with their own chronic illness.
I feel your pain, It's a really hard job to do!

Big hugs

Yes, I have cystic fibrosis. I don't have any symptoms, though, except a lot of mucus.

I have multiple sclerosis... I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago now when dd2 was just 1. I have since gone on to divorce, remarry have ds who is 2 and now expecting number 4...!
(i have also completed my degree and am just a few weeks away from completing my pgce)
I have a wonderfully supportive hubby who has put up with my being even less productive over last few weeks...
X

Just wondering if there are any other Mamas here who are expecting a baby who suffer day in, day out with chronic illness?
I'm talking about anything here, diabetes, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, anything!

Personally I suffer with:
- Asthma
- Fibromyalgia
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Raynauds Phenomenon
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome

I have also suffered with chronic anemia (even without being pregnant).

Here's a shout out to all the mamas who are making a new little person (or, new little people) but who struggle on a day in day out basis with their own chronic illness.
I feel your pain, It's a really hard job to do!

Big hugs

I have Narcolepsy..so while everyone is posting that they have so much more energy in second tri, im sitting here like, uhh..im still tired! I did stop taking everything but my vitamins though, and its not easy....i can get to work and back fine, but there are times where im like...whew...i dont know if i can drive home without falling asleep..but luckily if i feel bad enough, my DH can climb his butt out of bed and drive me in :haha:

Wow, a real mixed bag we are!
It is far from easy... I hope we all go on to have as best a pregnancy that we can have....... :D
I got my appointment for my scan today through. So that's lifted my spirits for all of 20 minutes until I fell asleep on the sofa, letter in hand. :dohh:

I have fibro - and I am just starting out with this pregnancy thing
I also have asthma and MANY allergies (eggs, sorghum, lotions potions any fake smells, and badly to bandaids and tape!), I am also a celiac :)

I have fibro- in fact I'm having a flare up at the moment, and I've just found out I'm expecting

I have ulcerative colitis (like crohns disease but only affects the colon). Last pregnancy I wasn't great but this pregnancy seems to have sent me into remission for now :) I know after the birth will be hard as last time I went into my worst flare ever.

Ooh, great thread idea!

I have endometriosis, IBS, bladder issues (as yet undiagnosed but probably the endo), migraines and I suffer from ongoing depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder.

Many times I've had people sort of intimate that I should probably not be a mother if I can't even take care of myself all that well. But I figured it was just ableism at work and ignored them, because I wasn't planning to get pregnant anyway. (It happened when it happened! LOL!)

My cramps and pelvic aches have been off the charts these past three weeks, but thankfully no blood. My sisters had bad cramping as well, so I'm not overly worried. My doctor has me going in for a scan at 7 weeks so I figure I'm being well looked after.

I have fibromyalgia (iv had to come off my gabapentin so feelin ultra tired) and i have hyper mobility, and i have two curves in my spine i know this pregnancy will be a struggle just like the last 3 but oh so worth it :) xx

Hi Ladies i have ulcerative colitis too had a few flare ups last pregnancy had a threat in thd first weeks of this one but i seem ok at the moment so thats good. Glad to see there are many in here who have been able to concieve dispite dibilitating illnesses.

Hi Ladies i have ulcerative colitis too had a few flare ups last pregnancy had a threat in thd first weeks of this one but i seem ok at the moment so thats good. Glad to see there are many in here who have been able to concieve dispite dibilitating illnesses.

Oooh someone who knows how horrible UC is! It's nice to know someone else understands, as none of my family or friends know how debilitating it can be IYKWIM?

Such a good idea for a thread :flower:

I have hashimoto's thyroiditis. It just causes me to go between hyperthyroid and hypothyroid occasionally (more often hypothyroid). So far this pregnancy it hasn't caused any issues, but I've been getting blood work every 2 weeks to monitor things which is no fun. Go tomorrow to get poked some more. :coffee:

I've got chronic allergic rhinitis (seasonal bronchitis & sinus infection bouts) and asthma. I'm also slightly lactose intolerant.

The toughest part is dealing with summer->fall->winter and then winter->spring. While most people can take meds for their allergies, I can't - most of them aren't good for pregnant women. And so help me if I get bronchitis or an infection that's treatable by antibiotics - of the antibiotics okay during pregnancy, there are 2 on the list that I'm not allergic to and yet I can't take those due to the fear of those provoking respiratory issues and my asthma. :(

Thankfully, I've survived 1 pregnancy despite this. I'm ready to tackle this one!

I have two herniated cervical discs in my neck and suffer from severe pain most days as a result of it. They weren't always this severe, just over time and step therapy required by insurance companies prolonged the possibility of treatment but now I'm pregnant so I will suffer through now. I also have pmdd and went off my mess over a year ago so we could conceive. I also had to stop my medication for restless leg syndrome and was wondering if anyone knows some relief for it. I'm only 6 weeks and on bed rest because of hemorrhage and my legs are so bad right now and I'm eating yogurt and raisins in hopes the potassium will help but it isn't and I'm not surprised.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy a year ago and have had to be on medication since. Luckily it's fairly safe, but of course it would be great to not have to be taking anything... I have not had any seizures in nearly 10 months so things are going well, but it still makes me a 'high-risk' pregnancy. I'm glad this thread was started!

Popping in from third trimester. I have FMS and a couple other chronic pain disorders. I just wanted to wish you ladies a healthy pregnancy (obviously as healthy as possible given our diagnoses). I hope that the hormones actually improve your issues rather than the opposite (that happened to me). Good luck ladies!

I have asthma and severe hypermobilty.. Also suffer with anemia a lot, and when I was pregnant with my son, I wasn't allowed back to work from 30 weeks as I collapsed twice due to anaemia :/
Hope you all have happy and healthy pregnancies x

hello :waves:

i suffer from epilepsy, ibs, migraines

i havent had a seziere for over 10 years *touch wood* but my ibs has got worse with pregnancy.

i am glad that there is a thread like this set up :thumbup:

Awww, huge hugs to everyone!! :flower::flower:

Just come back after a little break off, had a huge flare up, so exhausted I often broke down in tears. :cry:
I'm glad people are finding this thread useful, by all accounts I didn't think many ill people were here as it was slow to start off with! :winkwink:

To all the people who have been diagnosed as FMS:
Have you been given the all clear to continue ANY of your pain meds, or like me have you gone cold turkey for your baby?

What have you found gives you energy? I had a really strong coffee :coffee: the other evening to keep me awake at my parents (they don't know as yet) and as soon as I'd finished it I was still yawning and drifting off to sleep in the chair... Exhaustion is kicking my bottom! :blush:

For those with FMS, you may wish to use this picture (which I created yesterday) on here or any social networking sites: feel free to use my image.

https://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae131/soniamac666/IMG_0570_20131027125037_zpsa152063c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->