• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mamas with chronic illnesses, who are expecting [Support Thread]

Been to the docs this afternoon, extreme agony in my belly.

Urine infection and now on anti B's :(

I had an UTI they found at my first visit at 9 weeks, and i had no symptoms whatsoever..ugh....i was out this week for two days with a head cold straight from the underworld, congestion like crazy where i couldnt sleep well..and of course, not sleeping well makes me fall asleep at the wrong times (i.e. driving/working) the next day more than i usually would..so no driving for me...but it seems to be better, i did herbal (chamomille and honey) tea with extra honey, chicken soup..the whole deal..and i seem to be on the upswing now..yay!

Thanks!!
Hope you are all keeping well!

These anti B's are literally knocking me out, I am so drowsy!
My IB has been fine for ages now, rather suspicious.... but happy lol. x

Hello ladies, i think this is a great thread, for anyone out there with any type of ongoing illness its reassuring to know that other women have similar struggles and worries.

I have crohn's disease and was diagnosed around 11 years ago, its was initially pretty tricky to get under control but for the last couple of years i've been on medication that does seem to keep it in remission. Twice i have been weened off these meds thinking i would be ok without them and twice i have gone into major flares after a few weeks.

I am unable to ever come off these meds, i consulted with my dr before TTC and was told that i would have to stay on my meds and baby and i should be ok. I didn't expect to conceive so quickly i'm 35 with a health condition and my husband is 33 and he has Marfan syndrome and is also on daily medication and it only took 2 months to get that BFP.

I'm 7 weeks now so still early days and being on so much medication is scary but i am trying to chill about it

Andie x

Hello ladies, i think this is a great thread, for anyone out there with any type of ongoing illness its reassuring to know that other women have similar struggles and worries.

I have crohn's disease and was diagnosed around 11 years ago, its was initially pretty tricky to get under control but for the last couple of years i've been on medication that does seem to keep it in remission. Twice i have been weened off these meds thinking i would be ok without them and twice i have gone into major flares after a few weeks.

I am unable to ever come off these meds, i consulted with my dr before TTC and was told that i would have to stay on my meds and baby and i should be ok. I didn't expect to conceive so quickly i'm 35 with a health condition and my husband is 33 and he has Marfan syndrome and is also on daily medication and it only took 2 months to get that BFP.

I'm 7 weeks now so still early days and being on so much medication is scary but i am trying to chill about it

Andie x

Welcome to the Pregnant but poorly thread :D
Sorry to hear of your conditions, and your husbands. So happy it only took you two months for your BFP!
It took me around 6 months to get mine! Plus I had a miscarriage, another one to the mix!

Hope you are having a good day, I am exhausted today... back to the school run tomorrow... :( Horrible alarm clock! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->