Managed to express milk for the first time!!

Ria_Rose

Mum to JJ & expecting #2
Reaction score
:happydance: Woo-who :happydance:

OK pointless thread I know, :blush: but I'm so happy I managed it. I was irrationally afraid it would hurt or feel weird, and my OH really wants to be able to feed him too, and when Josh has days like yesterday when all he wants to do is feed OH hates not being able to help me.

Only managed 2oz but then Josh had just fed. And I'm not sure he'll take to milk from a bottle yet, as he won't have a dummy and hates plastic in his mouth. But I'm willing to try it.

Now I just need to wait for OH to come home to surprise him and hope Josh doesn't develop 'nipple confusion'.

:happydance:

Well done hun!!! 2oz is a MASSIVE haul for a first go!! x

I figuered it was a good time to try as one breat was so swollen before he started.

Quite excited now waiting to surprise the OH, it's going to make him day :)

Well done! Let us know how it goes. I think I'm gonna try Poppy with a bottle this weekend too. x

Well done you!
A few tips though - it may take a few goes for him to take the bottle. Don't stress him out too much - if he doesn't want it yet, just try it another day.
You may need to go through a few bottles or teats before you find one he likes. Whatever you do, don't you try to give it to him. I thought that if I did it, it would be something he was more used to, but you smell of your own booby milk and would prefer that! So let hubby try himself without you getting involved.
Good luck though and I hope everything clicks straight away!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->