March 2010 Mummies!!

I was talking to a friend about breastfeeding the other day and she was telling me about something she read called "cofessions of a bad mother". The woman writng it had a friend with a newborn who was waking lots at night and sleeping lots in the day. The "bad mother" advised her friend to have some chocolate before afternoon feeds to make the baby more alert and a drink before the evening/night feed to help the baby sleep through!

Don't know what you all think about it, but it's a post pregnancy excuse for chocolate and wine! :winkwink:

Ooo good idea! any excuse to eat chocolate! altho it has to be the plain stuff im allergic to milk lol xx

Hunter is the same about sleeping. He acts just like he did in my tummy... sleeps in the day and parties at night. The HV says it is important they get as much of the hind milk as possible so it fills them better and they sleep better. If they are only getting the thin stuff at the beginning they will still be hungry and not settle or wake up sooner to feed. I have been encouraging him to feed longer at each breast and it is hard when they fall asleep but i'd rather he feeds longer and sleeps longer than feeds short and i get back to sleep but then he wakes me up sooner iykwim. So ijust need to be sure he gets changed or winded or something to get him to wake up. It doesnt help that i often kinda fall asleep during night feeds. lol My husdband and i have been arguing the past 2 nights because he seems to think if he cant settle him to sleep after half hour that it is my turn. My husband gets so frustrated and i think hunter can sense it. I get frustrated sometimes too but i do well at staying calm. I was an aunt at 5 years old and my sister (mother to my neice) lived at our house so i have been around babies as long as i remember so it is less frustrating for me. My husband who has never been around babies except for a few hours gets quite frustrated and has difficulty even changing his nappy bless him. But i wish he was more helpful and when i get tired i get upset with him for not being more helpful. The lack of sleep has just been catching up with me lately i guess. Although i do love the fact that i can get to sleep easier than ever before now! And stay asleep comfortably until hunter wakes me. Even though my sleeps are shorter i am certainly getting a better quality of sleep now that i am not pregnant. And once these episotomy wounds heal, it will be even better

wow i havn't hung out in here in a looong time! just popping in to say hello :hi: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->