Mariah Carey discussing Fertility Treatments

sarahincanada

Love my lil miracle
Reaction score
Anyone see the Mariah Carey interview on 20/20 on Friday?

Barbara Walters asked her 'did you have fertility treatments' and I was like PLEASE BE HONEST!!! and she said 'yes, but what was most important....and then droned on about taking progesterone! it was like she wanted to mask the 'yes' part and act as if progesterone was the miracle (as she had a MC before). I was glad she said yes as so many of them are not honest...think about all the 40 year old celebs with twins...and boy girl twins too!

:nope: Totally agree sarah, it raises false expectations for the rest of the women TTC 35+.

To be honest I can't bear to watch the woman or listen to her music but glad she admitted she had fertility treatment :thumbup: but why couldn't she have discussed it further :shrug:

I'm not a big Mariah Carey fan but glad she at least admitted to treatment and your right the number of celebs that have either twins or boy/girl twins is quite high. :)

I've been saying this for a while now...glad she came clean about it...I am willing to bet good $$$ that J-Lo did too

Yeah, I agree about J-Lo. I'd put money on Brad and Angelina's twins, too.

I'm torn about it all. On the one hand it's sad that women are ashamed about having trouble ttc, and I wish women with a public voice would talk about it more. On the other hand, it's their own personal business, you know?

As for Mariah Carey, can you even imagine what a huge pain in the ass she is to deal with? :D

I'd put money on Brad and Angelina's twins, too.

she said they were natural, and I do believe her as would she choose twins right after having 4 other children already! plus her and brad probably :sex: all day and all night :rofl:

I'm thinking sarah jessica parker did too!

Yeah, I agree about J-Lo. I'd put money on Brad and Angelina's twins, too.

I'm torn about it all. On the one hand it's sad that women are ashamed about having trouble ttc, and I wish women with a public voice would talk about it more. On the other hand, it's their own personal business, you know?

As for Mariah Carey, can you even imagine what a huge pain in the ass she is to deal with? :D

Those poor kids probably had get themselves dressed in utero in matching outfits on before she would let them out :haha:

celine dion had many many failed IVFs until she was finally successful

sarah jessica parker used a surrogate

That's just the twins, I'd bet good $$$ there's lots of celebs that have had singletons using IVF as well

whilst I don't believe it is anyone's business how these "older celebrities" get pregnant I do believe due to the publicity it does throw some false hope out there.

Because they have money they can throw everything at it but so do a lot of other "normal" people but not to the same extent. I remember the Kelly Preston announcement and it was always led with "SEEMINGLY defying the odds of fertility, actor John Travolta, 56, and his wife Kelly Preston, 47, are expecting their third child together." Nowhere I believe has it been said IVF, donor egg etc etc but MOST experts say that at 47 chances of natural conception even with stims chances are approx 1 in 10,000. With a donor egg chances are up in the 30 and 40 %.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->