Marlie for girl?

bananabump

Mummy to Leo!
Reaction score
I really like Marlie and DH is a fan too but friends and family who I've mentioned it to just laugh! It reminds them all of the film Marley and Me. What does everyone here think? X

It reminds me of the film Marley and me... However if you name your baba marlie that will soon be forgotten!!

I think every name will remind people/you of something/someone if you like a name just go with it :) marlie is cute boy or girl!! X

Is it for a girl or a boy? I am guessing a girl;) how about Marilyn and call her Marlie?

i think the way you spelled it is fine for a girl. and i agree with Lucy139, name your baby Marlie and they will soon forget the movie.

It reminded me of marley and me too....Until 4 years ago my friend had a little girl and named her Marliegh Jace..the name suits her and I couldn't imagine another name on her.
It's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl! Love it!!

It looks like we have a similar taste in names though :)

I knew of a girl named Marley, great name!!

Marley & Leo go fabulously together!

Reminds me of Marley in Glee! But i love the name! And i think your Marlie will make the name hers.

I like it. There is a deaf actress name Marlee Matlin. It pronounce the same thing, I believe.

I don't like that movie too much so in a few years from now, that movie will probably be forgotten (i mean, my son's classmates never heard of majority of movies we watched. Like E.T.)

A lady on my Facebook has a lg called marlie but she has spelt it marleigh I think it's nice and unusual

We call my daughter Mahli. Her name is Amahlia though. I think Mahli or however you spell it is cute.

I think its beautiful! Screw friends and family with their opinions. I'm starting to get quite passed off at mine for laughing or sneering at my name choices. Marlow is on my list right now, so I think Marlie is fab!

I wanted the name Marlee for a loooong time. My mom mentioned the movie thing too right away. The way I see it, is that in five or six years when you're LO goes to school, no one is going to remember a silly dog movie. Pretty much every name in the world has some sort of connection to a movie, actor, etc.

I love the name. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->