Mascara

Mrs R

Reaction score
Can somebody with some make-up knowledge put me out of my mascara misery lol

I have non-existant eye lashes and so wear mascara everyday. My eyes however are very sensitive and tend to water alot or need a good scratch!

I find that no matter what mascara I use, I end up looking like a panda after an hour and it's driving me mad and very embarrassing. By the time I get to work in the morning, it's all smudged under my eyes.

I used to use a No. 7 one which was good, but the last tube I bough smudged so I went for a Max Factor one. It's terrible! Worst I've ever had.

I usually buy waterproof stuff coz of my watery eyes, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Sensitive eyes stuff also just smudges and I look like I have 2 black eyes.

Can please somebody recommend something. I don't mind spending a bit more to get a good product. This is driving me bonkers at the minute :wacko::wacko:

Benefit bad gal is brilliant and so are most of the MAC ones (you can order online) :flower:

I use Benefit They're Real, and frankly I find it an absolute nightmare to remove, even when I want to!! :lol:

Ooo I was looking at that one in boots the other day as was thinking of trying it! Ill give it a miss! I find those double wand ones hard to remove- the one where there's like a white "undercoat" and then you put the black mascara over the too?! :wacko:

Mmm have you tried those lashes extensions that can last a month or more? they can also be perm so they stay curly and full, so you don't need to use mascara at all, theres also the glasses issue, if you use glasses switch to contacts and your eyelashes would be better and bigger in a couple of months, Here in mexico there is this cream that is called talika you get it in drugstores and is magic pure magic your lashes grow back strong and very dark.

I love, love, LOVE Blinc Mascara - https://www.blincuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=11

It's not got any waxes or anything in it that clog and irritate the eyes. It won't come off if your eyes water or anything, yet doesn't need eye make-up remover to take off. But if you use warm water + pressure it just slides off.

It seems pricey but lasts AGES and I'd never go back to normal mascara now.

I've always found maybelline to do the best mascaras, and I've tried a lot! Try their waterproof volum express. Ysl also do a great one but I still think maybelline wins it for me xx

I've bought the Collosal Waterproof for swimming on holiday so will update on how well it works in the pool :haha: I've gone off reviews from swimmers so my fingers are crossed :)

MAYBELLINE. Falsies mascara. LOVE it. Other than that, their 'Great Lash' goes on great for a more natural look. You don't need to spend a lot of money on mascara to get good results IMO. They come in waterproof formulas too.

I've been happy with L'Oreal telescopic as well.

I've tried Mac & was very disappointed to be honest. It cost around triple what Maybelline does, and it doesn't work any better than drug store brands. I LOVE Mac products and really wanted to be impressed & to like it, but it's definitely not worth the 'splurge'.

I've also tried a product called 'Kissme' (blinc?) and it's not THAT amazing (I like dramatic lashes) but it is very waterproof.

If I'm not careful about how I apply my mascara I have a similar problem. I've found that the best mascara I've found is Maybelline Great Lash (In the pink tube, it comes in waterproof too if you need that). Urban Decay Big Fatty (the new version in the dark coloured package) is my current favourite in terms of the effect it has on your lashes, but if I apply it too close to the base of my lashes/it gets on my waterline it makes my eyes run. It takes a bit of effort to remove it but you might still find that if you rub your eyes a lot you might smudge, but it's not as bad for smudging as a lot of mascaras.

I use Rimmel Scandal Eyes and I love it. I paid £5 for it in Boots when it was on offer. It's great.

i use maybelline 'the falsies volum' express' i love it. but you can also get fibre mascara online its abit pricey but it works brilliantly!

Put some powder under your eyes it will stop the smudging, do you have oily skin or use a oily/moisturised foundation? I think its more about what you put under your eyes than mascara itself hun. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->