Mash potatoes yay or nay?

DanielleM

Reaction score
Ok it seems from my Christmas dinner thread that mash potatoes appears a lot less than I would imagine. I couldn't imagine a roast/Christmas dinner without mash potatoes. I thought it was a given that everyone had it along with their roasties. Am I on my own here? Feeling a bit shell shocked :dohh::haha::haha:

So mash, yay or nay?

For me it's a yay but only because I know that's my dad's favourite part ( he loves having mash and Mashed carrot and swede). If he wasn't having dinner with us I'd probably leave them out as it's all about the roasties for me.

OH thinks potato croquettes should be included too. But that's a whole other dinner debate lol

We don't usually have it mainly due to lack of space on the plate with everything else, lol. I do love mashed potatoes though :)

Nay! Has to be roasties, a roast dinner is not a roast dinner without roast potatoes

We don't but I love mash and I wish we did. No one else is keen so it doesn't go on the list :-(

I did mash and roasties one year- thought I was being clever. Ended up pouring the boiling pan of water all over my hand in my rush and from that day vowed never to do mash again. It's a Nay from me!

I did mash and roasties one year- thought I was being clever. Ended up pouring the boiling pan of water all over my hand in my rush and from that day vowed never to do mash again. It's a Nay from me!

Oh no bet that was painful, I hate burning myself cooking it stings for days :cry:

We do mash and roasts. I'd not do the roasts if it was up to me but I get out numbered

Nay! We only have roasties with christmas dinner and roasts

I love mash!! It has to be quite buttery though. Roast potatoes don't appeal to me as they're too "potatoey" if that makes any sense (same with chunky chips, lol).

OH is the complete opposite and prefers roasties over mash.

Yay! I don't do mash for Sunday roasts but I do for Christmas dinner as it's my OHs favourite. Before my OH when I spent christmas with my parents, it was just roasties! If there is ever a time to go all out with potatoes, it's Christmas.

Mash & roasties at my mum's. Nom nom nom! For any Sunday lunch there's always both there too!

However, in-laws only do roasties at Sunday lunches. But DH's BIL has been going for years for Sunday lunch/Christmas Day & was gutted about the lack of mash so in-laws relented & did mash at Christmas as a treat. Buuuuut, they do frozen mash, which I can't stand (doesn't taste like proper mash!) so I don't have any & save myself for Christmas dinner at my mum's the next day! :haha:

A bit fat no from me! I adore roasties but cannot stand the texture of mash, so it's never been considered.

Growing up we never had mash, just roasties :)

We don't have mash at the in-laws and I can't say I'm that fussed about it really. They always do roasties, but personally I prefer jackets or potato gratin.

I like mash, roast potatoes and croquettes :haha: potato overload!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->