Mash potatoes yay or nay?

My in laws do croquettes too! Gotta be honest I still haven't warmed to it haha. And I've been eating Christmas dinner at their house for eight years.

I would have mash and roasties if it was up to me =)

They don't do mash but we do have roasties. However I make them and take them round haha.

Another one here that's never heard of croquettes on a roast :saywhat:

Nay, roasties only on the potato front, we have mashed potatoes with cold meats on Boxing Day though, I'm not a big fan of mash TBH.

I love mash but not on my roast. Like, why go to all that trouble of making another potato dish that is basically just the insides of roast potatoes?
That said I'm puting potato gratin on my Christmas dinner this year, and possibly sweet potatoes so I'm not really one to talk :-#

I love mash but not on my roast. Like, why go to all that trouble of making another potato dish that is basically just the insides of roast potatoes?
That said I'm puting potato gratin on my Christmas dinner this year, and possibly sweet potatoes so I'm not really one to talk :-#

Haha carb overload :haha:

Another one here that's never heard of croquettes on a roast :saywhat:

The first time i was served it, i just sat there like ... Eh ?! :wacko:

Croquettes are what i serve my children with pizza or similar. Basically i group them in the cheap and quick dinner section of a freezer :haha: deffo not roast worthy haha

Haha carb overload :haha:

That's what I'm aiming for :haha:

Lol at this thread :haha:
I have never cooked my own Christmas dinner, ever!
MIL doesn't do mash but she does boiled potatoes and honey glazed roast potatoes so I think any more potato would be too much.
If I remember right my mum does mash and roasties though. I don't miss mash on a Christmas dinner, it takes up too much space that pigs in blankets could be taking up 😍 mmmmmm x

I'm not a fan of mash so nope I don't have it with my christmas dinner, I much prefer roast potatoes!

What the friggin hell is it with pubs that put new potatoes on roast dinners and give you 1 or 2 roast potatoes, little farting ones at that. I never eat a roast out because of this :haha: who even has new potatoes or boiled on a roast that is just wrong

What the friggin hell is it with pubs that put new potatoes on roast dinners and give you 1 or 2 roast potatoes, little farting ones at that. I never eat a roast out because of this :haha: who even has new potatoes or boiled on a roast that is just wrong

little farting ones? :haha:

I love mashed potatoes but not with a roast it's just too much with everything else.

I agree with the no boiled potatoes on a roast, a few places we've had sunday roast at the 'roast' potatoes were not crispy at all and just tasted boiled.

We always have mashed potatoes and gravy. My mom makes the absolute best gravy ever. It's so chock full of cholesterol you just need a nap after it. LOL.

I've never understood the need for more than one kind of potato, mind you I'm not a potato fan. Mash is my least favourite of all potatoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->