Mash potatoes yay or nay?

My family always made like 3 huge bowls of mashed potatoes every Christmas because aside from the turkey it was everyone's favourite part. I honestly fill up like a third of my plate with mashed potatoes. :haha:

DH's family isn't as big on them so I have to limit myself to a small portion. I'm thinking this year I might just bring my own giant bowl for myself. So yeah, I guess you could say I'm yay mashed potatoes. ;)

We don't do any other kind of potatoes, though. Well, other than yams.

It's one of the few times I actually make mashed potatoes so a yes from me! Neither of my kids like potatoes (of any kind) and my husband is lukewarm to them at best so I don't bother most of the time but Christmas and Thanksgiving I *always* make them for myself! :)

I don't personally but mainly for the same reason as Bev: Lack of space on the plate :haha:

I do like mash with roasts sometimes to make a change from roasties BUT with christmas dinner we only do roast potatoes :)

We do both. I was never a big fan of mash so mum always gives me boiled spuds instead :)

I'm a big lover of carbs and potato so it's both from me!! About half of my roast is potato!!!

My dad loves new potatos on his roast but I find them a bit meh so since I've not lived there I don't have any.

My oh isn't too keen on mash as is ds1, so went tend to buy the stuff you microwave (not smash though)

We have cheated before during a mid week roast and used croquettes but I certainly wouldn't have any on our Christmas roast!

Whaa?! I have only ever heard of 1 person having mash (and ketchup?!) with a roast and my whole family thought she was bonkers! Lol. I dont think mash has ever been mentioned by my family haha

Apparently there has been a big debate on Twitter about this, wonder if they got the idea off here :haha:

No, I like mashed potatoes with roasts generally (but on their own - no roast potatoes there too) but on christmas day it is just roast potatoes...mash would be strange because I never had that growing up for christmas dinner.

Yay! Mash potatoes are one of my favourites :) xx

10000% yay! I just don't get all the AIBU mash-slating threads I've seen online, where everyone seems to think it's wrong and disgusting ... mash is an ESSENTIAL part of the Christmas dinner, with roast potatoes too of course.

If you don't do (far too much) mash, then you can't have a Boxing Day bubble and squeak bonanza, with a runny fried egg on top and a squirt of ketchup! Traditional in this family ... God, I have morning sickness and aversions to most stuff right now, and it's even making me hungry!

Bring out the mash!!!!!

If you don't do (far too much) mash, then you can't have a Boxing Day bubble and squeak bonanza, with a runny fried egg on top and a squirt of ketchup! Traditional in this family ... God, I have morning sickness and aversions to most stuff right now, and it's even making me hungry!

Bring out the mash!!!!!

I always do far to much mash christmas day purely for the bubble and squeak boxing day!!

Bring out the mash!!!!!

I always do far to much mash christmas day purely for the bubble and squeak boxing day!!

Yessss, hi-5!!! :drunk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->