Mashed food

daisyday

Reaction score
At what age did you stop pureeing everything and just mashing it instead to get baby used to thicker, maybe lumpier food??

Casen never really liked babyfood that much but was very interested in food, we started solids at 5mo but by 6mo he was eating pieces of things, or stuff slightly mashed with lots of lumps. He was completely off "baby" food at 10mo and eating things like roast, all meats really and just about everything we did. I think whenever you feel he's ready you can try it, if he doesn't take to it just hold off a couple weeks and try again.

From about 5 months Dec wasnt interested in baby food he wanted our food so I just gave him bits of our food (mashed and within reason).

I have only ever given Gabbi homemade food, pureed and frozen. As I make it in bulk, it's been longer before giving her mashed food. She has no problem with it, she makes gagging noises sometimes, when she feels something bigger going down, but then laughs! Scare the life out of me though!! She's much better now. I would have started at 7 - 7 1/2 months but I only started weaning properly at 6 months so it's been a gradual thing. I did start pureeing less though, only pulsing, so went from puree, to pulsed to mashed.

i never pureed, just mashed. we started on veggies at 4 months, now we just give her what we're having, sometimes mashed for speed!! yesterday for exmple it was toast for breakfast, chicken goujons and potato wedges for lunch and spag bol for tea. the spag bol i just added less herbs and cut up the spaghetti for her. oh and made it with chicken mince cos i dont want her on beef yet!!

I started mashing Grace's food with a folk at around 8 months (started weaning at 6 months) and she gagged a bit a first but soon tolerated it. You could try a little and see how he does. If he does well continue mashing and if not wait a couple of weeks and try again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->