massive uti bleeding too??

kno

Reaction score
I'm 12 weeks 3 days today and this am I woke up to go pee with back ache I noticed blood when I wiped and the water was pink and red. I woke hubby and we went to the er. They said I have a massive uti and took cultures of everything and said to follow up with my doctor on tuesday. They said l my cervix was closed but was irritated and had a tiny amount of blood. Is this going to hurt my baby? We had the ultrasound heart beat was 160 and he or she was very active :) doctor said these were good signs but can't guarantee anything. She also said most miscarriages happen earlier than 12 weeks. Can someone calm my nerves? I'm on medicine now to treat the uti and drinking plenty of water an cranberry juice. I'm a ftm so I don't know what to expect :( I feel like I should have caught it sooner and now could have but my baby at risk :(

Aw bless you, I can't offer any great advice unfortunately because I'm in the same boat too :( I woke up needing to pee and have needed to every 5 minutes ever since. I have no bleeding but a friend of mine had a baby about 7 months ago and she suffered with this and bleeding too. All was ok and her baby was healthy. As long as you keep taking your meds and drink plenty as you're doing you should be fine. :hugs:

A UTI should not affect the pregnancy, as long as you don't get a high fever. Sometimes a bit of the bacteria can get in your vaginal opening which can irritate the cervix but, again, won't get in your uterus b/c it's closed. Just keep doing what you are doing and feel better soon.

Remember too, UTI's can come on very fast. I had one come on w/in 12 hours to the point that I was bleeding. It was just bad luck and there was no way to catch it earlier. (This was not when pregnant). It took about 3 days to really feel okay.

Crazy! I was just at the hospital yesterday for spotting and cramping and I have a UTI too! They put me on "rest" (not bed rest) for two days and have me on antibiotics, cranberry pills and yogurt. The doctor said everything was fine.

hi Ladies,

hope you don't mind me posting here but really need some advice.

started spotting on thursday which completely freaked me out - went to hosp on friday - they ran tests and said that it looked like i had an infection. sent me for a scan - could only see yolk sac using internal.

have another scan on monday but bleeding hasn't stopped. i don't have any pain today - had quite a lot of cramps on saturday - especially where she had used the scanner thing but nothing today.

they didn't give me anything for the uti - should i insist on somehting?

Thank you everyone for the kind Words :) I have my 12w4d scan tomorrow so I'm following up there but the bleeding has stopped. It's just a tiny bit of brown discharge now she said my mucus plug look great so maybe she meant the infection maybe didn't get to the baby. I haven't had a fever that I was aware of. I came home and fell asleep until hubby came home from work to check on me and then he had to go back but I feel much better now :) and for the lady who has the bleeding I think they should have given you medicine for an infection. My bleeding has stopped and most was actually in my urine not coming from the vaginal area. It was bad when I had to pee in the cup tmi but there were things floating in it so they knew it was bad. If you are concerned please go back!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->