Massive weight gain

Try to trust that it will come off. I gained 35+lbs with my first and she was a month early so it would have been more. The first 25 came off very easily. The next 10 I made wise food choices and walked regularly a few mos after I'd recovered from the c-section and baby was sleeping well. Then by the time dd was 1.5 yrs, my healthy food habits stuck around and an extra 10 lbs melted off without trying.

That being said, I'm still freaking out about weight gain this time as I'm officially at the i-never-weigh-this-much-unless-im-pregnant stage lol. I'm freaking out because with the twins I needed to gain 20 lbs by 20 weeks, but I gained all 20 from week 14-20! I'm hoping the pace will slow down slightly so I end up between 40 and 50. I do understand the creeping scale scare!

For what it's worth, 1300 nutrient dense, healthy fat calories is what I eat on a light day at 5'2" and 105 lbs when not preggo so you'll want to be careful to monitor baby's growth in the third trimester. My first ended up being low birth weight despite high-normal weight gain for me and eating more like 1800 to 2000 calories.

Oh gawd, it's getting to me too! 26 weeks and probably 22 ish pounds at least! I think about my weight a lot!!

I really don't want to be in the position which i was before, and it took me a couple of years to get where I was pre pregnancy. (lost about 55 pounds).

But, I am trying to be sensible, but if I am hungry I have to eat. And I guess eating healthy and often is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->