mastitis - can't clear lump

amelia26

Reaction score
I've not really managed to establish breast feeding since baby came home from nicu and have mostly been expressing and bottle feeding.
Now I've got mastitis on my right side. I'm on antibiotics but I've been unabke to clear the lump and its getting wise and worse. I'm constantly massaging, hand expressing/pumping (been unable to latch baby on), using hot compresses, in a hot bath etc. Is been 3 days and I'm not getting anywhere.

I'm pretty much done with bf now anyway but I need to clear this duct and I'm getting desperate. It's agony and now half my boob is just solid with milk. What do I do?

You might need to go back to the doctor/hospital as it might need draining. Have you tried combing your boob while in the bath/shower. It is just like it sounds, running a comb from the outside of your breast towards the nipple.

Have you tried nursing while laying on your side? That position always helps me get the hard to reach ducts unclogged.

No, baby isn't really feeding do I'm relying on expressing. I have been expressing in odd positions though, such as all fours with breast hanging down. Still no change so I've got a gp appointment. No idea if he will be any help. I feel like it's taking over my life, I'm spending so much time trying to clear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->