Mastitis???? Please help!

DHBH0930

Expecting #2
Reaction score
So I woke up to my right breast hurting last night. Thought maybe it was just full so I went in and nursed dd, but it didn't help. It's been killing me all day.

Facts:
-Right side of right breast hurts to the touch. Like bad bruise
-doesn't hurt to nurse, as long as she doesn't push on the tender spot
-nursing doesn't seem to relieve any pain even temporarily
-don't feel any lump, just slight pink spot, not bright red also doesn't feel hot
-I don't feel sick, no flu like symptoms or fever
-bad headache all day, but I get them a lot
-I only nurse, no pumping and never had mastitis before

I am TTC and am 8dpo, I know breast tenderness is a sign of pregnancy but the discoloration confuses me.

What do you ladies think? Should I get it checked out?? Wait it out as long as I don't have fever or flu symptoms??? Do you think it's mastitis???

Attachments

• 2014-12-19 19.43.19.jpg
    2014-12-19 19.43.19.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
Yep looks like plugged duct/mastitis to me. I have had that type of mastitis before where it has just been tender and then my armpit gets tender but I don't get a proper lump for a couple of days. Feed feed feed, if you don't have an infection yet (no flu like symptoms) really focus on massaging, hot compressing before feeding and cold compress after feeding. Feed off that side first if your LO is a two breast per feed. Its important to keep milk flowing. If you have probiotics handy, take a double dose and if you can, rest rest rest.

You can probably stave off a full blown mastitis episode.

Thanks so much, I started use hot compress on it. And will focus more on nursing from that one. It has gotten a bit more red, I wonder if my headache all day is related.

Hope I can keep it from turning into mastitis and needing antibiotics. If I'm diligent about hot compress and massaging and nursing on it how long does it usually take for it to clear up? (that is if it doesn't get worse and need doctor intervention)

Sounds like what I had only mine quickly turned to flu symptoms and I had antibiotics. The pic looks exactly like mine did.

Agree with others focus on unblocking the duct but if you start feeling achey or shivery get to a doc ASAP as it gets bad fast x

Still sore and pink today, no flu like sympotms. I'm nursing on it as much as I can.

Any ladies have a clogged duct heal on its own? How long till it stopped hurting?

Yes clogged ducts do go on their own,but the stretching of the duct may remain painful for up to a week.

Massage, heat, feed and rest. If its not really making any difference, try massaging in a hot shower (if you can get one) then jump into bed with LO and let them feed as long as they want on that side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->