Mastitis?!

OnyxSnowfall

2 boys and a girl!
Reaction score
omg help, lol.

feels like i am dying!!

found a hard fixed lump in my left breast earlier today - was scared it was cancer after hot water, nursing and massage didn't change it.

drove baby and i to hospital after getting a high temp, massive chest and back pains etc... my blood pressure was high (i am so very stressed but it's usually abnormally low) ---

the nurse said I have mastitis --- can't tell if there is redness as my baby claws and digs into my breasts and the skin is always irritated.

i am soooo tired, but i have to take care of lily, no one can help (her father's not in the picture). oh my god. she was up so many times these last few days. i am so tired.

and still paranoid it's not mastitis but something worse, although this is pretty bad, lol!

ahhhhh.

Did they give you antibiotics? If so then they should kick in soon. Keep feeding and massaging the breast and drink plenty of water.

yes i have taken two so far. my fever has gone down a little, everything but chest still aches.

what i wouldn't give for sleep! lily was up every 1.5 hours after 3am and stayed up for an hour ahhhhh.

will try to keep hydrated, ty.

mastitis or whatever this is (they only did a hand exam) isn't messing around lolol.
never got it while breastfeeding my boys, always shuddered when a lady would describe it.

I've had it but not a bad case. My sister looked like absolute death when she got it so you have my utmost sympathies, especially as you've no support. Hope you gets better nights sleep and it passes soon x

Definitely sounds like mastitis. It can get really, really bad. I've had 5 bouts of it now and the last time my poor mom had to practically carry me from the car to the clinic because I could not even stand up I was feeling so ill.

You should be feeling much better within 48hrs of taking your first dose of AB. If not, go back and get a different prescription.

If you get worse, go back in mama. It can turn to sepsis and be so very dangerous. Hope it clears up quickly.for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->